Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Re: ***Official November Chat Thread: The Golden Duck***

[ QUOTE ]
today has been quite the learning experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

elaborate!

btw I still dont know who you are on PS! pm if secret
Old 11-29-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only a couple more weeks.

I am like 50k points away from 500k VPP.

I am taking a few weeks off once that is done. I am so done with the grinding lifestyle. I am going to learn how to actually play poker, lolz. I'll still play a bit those weeks but I'm cutting 8hrs/day--> 2hrs/day for like ever hopefully. It is time to start my move up the ladder instead of grinding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are going to realize how much you wasted your first semester at college when you look back on it. I mean, grinding 8 hours a day can't have left you much time to meet new people anyways and I know you don't go out to parties because you're a whipped SOB. I regret not going to enough parties my freshman year and not meeting too many people outside my dorm and I went out 2-3 times a week every single week. There is just so much stuff to do, people to hang out with, girls to bang that you are missing.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I am taking a few weeks off once that is done. I am so done with the grinding lifestyle. I am going to learn how to actually play poker, lolz. I'll still play a bit those weeks but I'm cutting 8hrs/day--> 2hrs/day for like ever hopefully. It is time to start my move up the ladder instead of grinding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are going to realize how much you wasted your first semester at college when you look back on it. I mean, grinding 8 hours a day can't have left you much time to meet new people anyways and I know you don't go out to parties because you're a whipped SOB. I regret not going to enough parties my freshman year and not meeting too many people outside my dorm and I went out 2-3 times a week every single week. There is just so much stuff to do, people to hang out with, girls to bang that you are missing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm.

Whipped SOB does not compute to mean parties. It would be fine if I met her and was a partier/etc, but I mean I never partied before and that is how she has always known me so I don't think starting to party would be her idea of awesome.

Also, all the girls here are ugly. ALL of them. I would have to drink to want to bang any of these cows. It is disgusting.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
elaborate!

[/ QUOTE ]

just think i reworked some previous leaks and caught a few reads, thats all.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is so true. Prod, get out there and do something...I still don't get why you're grinding non-stop to hit the bonus (though I don't play on PS, so maybe I don't understand the awesomeness of Supernova) when it's costing you a ridiculous amount of dollars since you're winning like 1 PTBB/100 + bonuses. WTF?
Old 11-29-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People would pay for a reality check like this.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is so true. Prod, get out there and do something...I still don't get why you're grinding non-stop to hit the bonus (though I don't play on PS, so maybe I don't understand the awesomeness of Supernova) when it's costing you a ridiculous amount of dollars since you're winning like 1 PTBB/100 + bonuses. WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Guaranteed 5k > Maybe 5k in wins.

I genuinely shouldn't be winning as little as I am, I am not actually playing horribly or anything. I mean not less than I regularly would, as I think tops the amount I am playing might take .5bb/100 or so off my winrate.

As for the life, it really doesn't bother me as much as you guys might think. Throughout high school I was the biggest socialite there was. I was one of the most well-known people and hung out with everyone. I went out and did more than anyone else in the school, literally(Mainly because I had money to be able to go out and eat/etc every night and do different things).

The college life is different my first year. Really there isn't anything to do at this small and crappy school. I am going to start working out an hour or two a day, but other than that there aren't parties nightly and there isn't anything else going on. Parties are basically reserved for frat/sororities, and I don't feel like paying to hang out with a bunch of idiots(You have to admit most frats are filled with idiots). I will go to more parties and all next year, but seriously I think I will just rent a place and host "parties" on game nights/etc with my friends. I think I will find this more enjoyable right now. If I am single, obviously I would spend more time trying to find girls and all, but as of right now, being not-single, I am not interested in cheating on the g/f.

As for the "whipped" thing since I usually just go along with it. I am actually not very whipped. I would be in Canada if my situation were different and I was home. The reason I am not going out to Canada is because I see her on the occasional weekend and this will be my only time home(winter break). Other than that, there isn't much she has ever told me not to do. I don't think she would appreciate me going out to frat parties and stuff, but I don't think it would be that big of a deal really.

My "night life" will begin when I am 21 and I move to Vegas and have VIP status in every club there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Me and her kinda plan on breaking up then(or by then), so hit me up then.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I work full time and still pull 60k+ every month.

[/ QUOTE ]

sick. how many tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

16. I dont go out much during the week, mabey 1 or 2 nights. So when I get of at 430 i can eat smoke a bowl and start playing by 530-6 an dplay till 11 or later. Then saturday and sunday I put in 5 hours or more.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:16 PM

Prodigy I'll offer a different perspective.

I spent years of my younger life partying (I'm 29 now) and I regret not doing something a little more productive. I look back at some of the things I did that were cool and funny at the time and now they just seem silly and stupid.

You know what you want (I read your thread in F.I.B) and you have a good head on your shoulders.

And now I feel really, really old.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:18 PM

One of my friends just invited me to a cash game tomorrow...blinds are .25/.50...and he wants the maximum buy-in to be $5.

El-oh-el.
Closed Thread