Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 08-27-2007, 12:44 AM

Default Re: Am I a scumbag, B&M?

not a dousche bag... guy should look out for himself
Old 08-27-2007, 01:25 AM

Not a douche bag, it is up to the player to protect his hand. I would tell him a few times because I dont want to win that way, I know its not cheating but it is angle shooting. Dont look, you wont see the exposed cards. And older person, a drunk or a beginner deserves the courtesy of being reminded quite few times. Once or twice is fine for anyone else. I would be willing to bet that you are subconsciously trying to see the cards, if you didnt know he was exposing his hands you wouldn't be looking for that information.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:43 AM

Looking at the other guy's cards is unethical. The problem isn't that you use the information against him--it's his own damned fault. The problem is that you can also use that information against the other players.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:32 PM

All,

Wow. I can't believe not a single person wrote what I was going to write until Andy.

What if the dealer tosses the cards high and you can see the cards if you lean back while sitting, but nobody else has noticed this? Too bad for them, they should have been paying more attention?

Looking at another guy's cards is unethical, period.

As Andy said, it's not to protect the player, it's to be fair to the rest of the players.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What if the dealer tosses the cards high and you can see the cards if you lean back while sitting, but nobody else has noticed this? Too bad for them, they should have been paying more attention?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

There is a difference.

b
Old 08-28-2007, 02:44 AM

I always let the drunk know that he is flashing me his cards. I simply tell him in a casual and polite manner and in such a way that the rest of the table knows. In the past, I’ve gone out of my way at this point not to peak when the drunk persists on flashing his cards. However, I’ve now decided that it is ridiculous for me to harm myself by putting on blinders, once I've informed the table of, not mine, but the drunks, inappropriate actions. In other words, I’m constantly looking around the table trying to pick up tells and I harm myself a great deal, if I avoid looking at one side of the table for fear of seeing some fools exposed cards. Also, when the dealer pitches the cards too high, I let them, and the rest of the table know.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Best thing to do, in my judgment, is to tell him and tell him you're not going to say anything again.

[/ QUOTE ]
A+
Old 08-29-2007, 10:00 PM

your not a douche bag

Protecting your cards is a fundamental part of the game in live poker. but I still think it is unethical to look. But in the big picture one could argue for the entire game of poker being unethical.

I would look only if the cards were very visible and had a zero percent chance of getting caught. This is because I do not play poker ethically, I play rationally.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looking at the other guy's cards is unethical. The problem isn't that you use the information against him--it's his own damned fault. The problem is that you can also use that information against the other players.

[/ QUOTE ]
So if a pair of sevens hits the flop and the guy next to you reacts in a way that makes it clear that he folded a seven preflop, are you obligated to inform the rest of the table?
Old 08-30-2007, 12:32 AM

any edge is postive ev!!! I would say something as long as he was not acting like a Hudge DB