Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 05:21 PM

Default PLO MTT Final Table - KK66ds OOP against the Other Chip Leader

<font color="#666666"> Tourney Status: </font> $22 PLO MTT with ~ 80 runners.

I'm the chip leader with 26k with the next best dude at 22k. He is Villain directly to my left.

<font color="blue">Read on Villain: </font> The most aggressive by far. Not to say he is a maniac, but that the others have been generally passive and he is one of the few clearly exploiting his position and chip advantage.

He has not backed down from playing with me, but I still think his game is pretty straightforward, just a little loose/aggressive.

<font color="red">My Image: </font> This is one of the first few hands after it was the final two six-handed tables. I had been open-raising quite a lot six-handed and haven't had to showdown, so I'm assuming I probably have a pretty aggressive image.

<font color="brown"> My Preflop Raise Size: </font> I had been opening for pot mainly six-handed, but I had also been mixing it up with 2.5x and min. I found that all the different raise sizes had pretty much the same effect, and that people were thinking in binary terms (call/fold) rather than reacting specifically to my preflop raise size. Thoughts?

Poker Stars
Pot Limit Omaha Tournament
Blinds: t300/t600
9 players

Stack sizes:
UTG: t5265
Hero: t26472
MP1: t22620
MP2: t10490
MP3: t8120
CO: t8210
Button: t21623
SB: t6989
BB: t11711

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t1200</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises to t4500</font>, 6 folds, Hero calls t3300 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t6600)</font>.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t9900, 2 players)

So what if your general plan for this hand?

Do you lead?

If you check, what do you do if he . . .

a) bets pot
b) bets smaller

?
Old 08-14-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: PLO MTT Final Table - KK66ds OOP against the Other Chip Leader

i like a lead for full pot here, that will show him you are not getting away from your hand and he should avoid flipping cause its a donkament.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:04 PM

Yeah, I think leading's good. This could be a two pair trying to reduce variance just as easy as a draw, and it's going to be hard for villain to push naked AA knowing you're the only one who has him covered. Plus if he does have naked AA, you're in pretty decent shape anyway with 13 outs. It's only when he has AA+NFD that you're in really bad shape.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus if he does have naked AA, you're in pretty decent shape anyway with 13 outs. It's only when he has AA+NFD that you're in really bad shape.

[/ QUOTE ]
well, thats means we call if he push?

hey i really like to push it again but dont know what to do with reraise.
probably we call his shve cuz offlush draw and trips draw
Old 08-15-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Plus if he does have naked AA, you're in pretty decent shape anyway with 13 outs. It's only when he has AA+NFD that you're in really bad shape.

[/ QUOTE ]
well, thats means we call if he push?

hey i really like to push it again but dont know what to do with reraise.
probably we call his shve cuz offlush draw and trips draw

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Your normally not folding good over pairs with a flush draw heads up. Like it was said earlier your only in real bad shape if he has AAdXdX