Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Moving the challenge to start at 8:30 PM EST... what do you think?
No, leave it where it is, at 7:30 PM 15 37.50%
Yes, 8:30 pm is OK / Better for me 25 62.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Re: About Birthdays

[ QUOTE ]
MissT,

You say you go clubbin. I'm really struggling to imagine what a nightclub in Kingman looks like. I'm picturing a wooden shed with NASCAR posters on the inside, a boombox, some shotguns, and shot specials on Old Grand Dad. If this isn't right it has to be close.

EDIT: and Natty Light on tap LDO.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, very very true. The good thing though is that we're only about 20 mins from Laughlin and there's a few good clubs over there. Also, most of my birthdays are spent in Vegas and I'm there about 1-2 times a month, so I go clubbin over there. I can recommend some very good spots in Vegas!!

T
Old 09-22-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I obviously have issues with money, but I honestly don't see anything wrong with splurging now that I'm able to.

[/ QUOTE ]

what's wrong with it is no kid needs people buying tuxes and dresses and god knows what else for a birthday party. it sends a terrible message to your kid about how you show your affection for a loved one, and teaches them to spend money irresponsibly. it gives them unreasonable expectations about money and gifts and quite frankly it's just wasteful.

you can try to argue with me your 13 or 15 year old girl is smart enough to know the difference and understand money isn't the only way to prove love for someone. you're wrong. she might be able to hear that from you in a vacuum and repeat it, but she internalizes what actually HAPPENS far more easily.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:33 PM

LOL @ you early twentysomethings with no kids trying to tell some chick with a teenager how she should raise her child. God forbid she should make her kid feel special the one time she turns fifteen, even if it's some sort of tradition. Make her eat a cake made of sand and mud, that'll teach her that she's nothing special.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:35 PM

Er, I hate getting involved with oot nit fests, but people without kids should usually stfu on parenting issues.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL @ you early twentysomethings with no kids trying to tell some chick with a teenager how she should raise her child. God forbid she should make her kid feel special the one time she turns fifteen, even if it's some sort of tradition. Make her eat a cake made of sand and mud, that'll teach her that she's nothing special.

[/ QUOTE ]

trust me, i know about spoiled teenagers. it's usually worse if they have been poor for a good chunk of their lives, because they think getting money and spending it on themselves is the only way to prove they are successful.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:42 PM

A Quinceanera is a very traditional and special occasion in the hispanic culture. http://www.quinceanera-boutique.com/...atradition.htm

Read a little bit before judging about "tuxes and gowns" and such.

Also, most parents of the quince girl get sponsors to pay for different parts of the ceremony/party and usually only spend a few hundred dollars, even though the party usually costs around 15-20K total.

I think 5K is not so bad, and I'm doing it all on my own, no sponsors.

TY Tuq and GA! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

T
Old 09-22-2007, 01:44 PM

yes i know what a quinceanera is and have been to several myself. they very often get done for a lot less than 5k much less 15-20k.

i suppose a thirteenanera is also an incredibly significant tradition, right? and the sweet sixteen, that too.

lol
Old 09-22-2007, 01:44 PM

My daughters dress for the party: (NT! You'll love this!!)

http://www.davidsbridal.com/quincean...p;prodgroup=16

T
Old 09-22-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes i know what a quinceanera is and have been to several myself. they very often get done for a lot less than 5k much less 15-20k.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call BS on this.

LOL at myself for the 13th party and next years party, but (shrugs) what can you do? I do it my way, you do yours your way. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

T
Old 09-22-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I call BS on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Allow me to correct myself. I call BS on this IF there are no sponsors. If you have sponsors for the cake, the dress, the band, the ballroom, the courts dresses, the courts tuxes, the party gifts/favors, the reception/catering...then YES, it would be WAY less then 5K.

If you don't have the sponsors, then it would be very difficult to do. Shoot, I thought I was doing great with only 5K.

T