Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2007, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Pooh-bah post: A general guide for aspiring online poker players

[ QUOTE ]
Great post, although I think you should invest in PT [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, I think I rely on it too much. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2007, 08:00 PM

The rakebake thing is something I should have done before, but I did not have enough knowledge about it. As mentioned earlier a lot of sites will not allow rakeback once you are signed up. So my question is: I already signed up to the following sites:
Full Tilt
PokerStars
Absolute
PartyPoker
Ultimate Bet
Titan
William Hill
Stan James
Betfair
str8poker
Victor Chandler
(I think thats all of them)

all well before I knew about rakeback. I am a UK player so site selection is not an issue. Can anyone recommend a good site where you can also get a good rakeback deal??

And thankyou very much for all the advice on here guys!!!!
Old 03-05-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The rakebake thing is something I should have done before, but I did not have enough knowledge about it. As mentioned earlier a lot of sites will not allow rakeback once you are signed up. So my question is: I already signed up to the following sites:
Full Tilt
PokerStars
Absolute
PartyPoker
Ultimate Bet
Titan
William Hill
Stan James
Betfair
str8poker
Victor Chandler
(I think thats all of them)

all well before I knew about rakeback. I am a UK player so site selection is not an issue. Can anyone recommend a good site where you can also get a good rakeback deal??

And thankyou very much for all the advice on here guys!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you like Absolute? Because Vegas Poker 24/7 is an Absolute skin (on the same network). You are allowed to have accounts on both sites and both have affiliates that offer rakeback (30% contributed). You can PM me if you want an affiliate.

Other than this I'm not sure what to suggest - you have accounts all over the place. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Maybe some affiliates would be able to get accounts retagged at UB.

Lucky
Old 03-05-2007, 08:33 PM

lol... you are not wrong about accounts all over the place, although with some of them I have never played 'real-money' games. I would just install a software and play on the site to see if I liked it!!!!... Unfortunately this has now limited my options.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:48 PM

awesome.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:37 AM

interesting you said that you didn't know that full house required pair on-board... i have probably lost more money on paired boards than any other generic situation. and i just can't seem to comprehend all the dynamics of it. like when we're all-in, i don't realize that hitting trips isn't an out (not that it's that big a deal).

regarding rakeback and bonuses, do i get them from the same source? or how i do it?.. is rakeback better than signup bonuses? which i'm still eligible for on some major sites... thanks in advance. i really appreciate it.

BTW, i love these journey posts because they're real instead of theoretical know-it-alls and they really show the learning process... i switched from limit to no-limit and the more i learnt, the more i realized how little i knew (if that makes sense)
Old 03-06-2007, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
regarding rakeback and bonuses, do i get them from the same source? or how i do it?.. is rakeback better than signup bonuses? which i'm still eligible for on some major sites... thanks in advance. i really appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

RB doesn't come from the cardroom - it comes from your affiliate. Affiliates are businesses that bring players to a poker site. In exchange for this they get a lifetime cut of the rake the player generates. Some affiliates (rakeback affiliates) will offer you some of this rake back. They usually get 35%+ of the rake you generate and offer most of it back for signing up with a site through them. Some other affiliates will have you sign up through them and will give you a small bankroll or a gift (poker tracker or a chips set), but will keep the full 35%+ they are getting from the site on your play. In general these are very bad deals. The discounted present value of your future stream of rakeback payments potentially huge and poker tracker cost $50.

Bonuses come from the sites and are independent of rakeback with one exception: Many sites will deduct bonus paid in determining your total rake. Example - you generate 1100 in rake and they pay you a 100 bonus. Your affiliate will get .35*(1100-100)=350 of which you will get 300 (with a 30% deal).

Rakeback is worth a lot of money if you play a lot. So much so that there are rakeback pros. These are people that are little better than breakeven players with the rake , but who make several thousand or more per month in rakeback.

Lucky
Old 03-06-2007, 05:21 PM

nh.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

RB doesn't come from the cardroom - it comes from your affiliate. Affiliates are businesses that bring players to a poker site. In exchange for this they get a lifetime cut of the rake the player generates. Some affiliates (rakeback affiliates) will offer you some of this rake back. They usually get 35%+ of the rake you generate and offer most of it back for signing up with a site through them. Some other affiliates will have you sign up through them and will give you a small bankroll or a gift (poker tracker or a chips set), but will keep the full 35%+ they are getting from the site on your play. In general these are very bad deals. The discounted present value of your future stream of rakeback payments potentially huge and poker tracker cost $50.

Bonuses come from the sites and are independent of rakeback with one exception: Many sites will deduct bonus paid in determining your total rake. Example - you generate 1100 in rake and they pay you a 100 bonus. Your affiliate will get .35*(1100-100)=350 of which you will get 300 (with a 30% deal).

Rakeback is worth a lot of money if you play a lot. So much so that there are rakeback pros. These are people that are little better than breakeven players with the rake , but who make several thousand or more per month in rakeback.

Lucky

[/ QUOTE ]

i generally knew most of this.... so can you get both? it seems like you can't.... although rakeback seems more valuable, as it's seemingly forever.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:18 PM

so the question is..... How do you become an affiliate? ;-)... win win situation!