Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Bin
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you look at the tp each time you wipe post crap-taking?
Yes-got to get every bit of brown out 154 88.00%
No-i'll find out later if my ass starts itching 21 12.00%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 06:12 AM

Default Re: Never Trust Anyone

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ggbman and all: Can a hooker or stripper get raped? The answer is of course she can. However unlike other women to whom those terms don't apply, it might be rightly said "she asked for it".

[/ QUOTE ]

You might be the most disgusting human being i've encountered at 2+2. Quite a feat.

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well said.

Bluff,

Refer me the when/where she hustled anyone plz? As for self-promoting herself, [censored], i would do that to, why not. If it would make me some coin doing a spread with a couple of aces over my [censored], i would certainly consider it, let alone just coming to some message board to create some hype for myself in an industry where women have a very distinct advantage. ( I don't mean that be to sexist, but impartial people know this to be true) Do me a favor dude, re-read this thread. Look how after every argument you make, i sucessfully rebutt it so that you need to explore another tangent in hopes that i won't be able to continue to make you look stupid. And then realize that instead of continuing this dumb game, you could either stop posting in this thread or concede that your initial comments were out of line. I don't have a strong desire to keep picking apart your flagrantly degrading posts towards women or anyone who doesn't conform to your specific set of moral standards, but if you make me i will.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if Brandi's story is true or not, or if it's the whole truth or product of a fevered imagination, but she's clearly distraught over the whole matter, and some of you are acting like real pieces of [censored]. She's still a person, and so many of you are treating her like she's the little poker whore here for your entertainment and mockery. God forbid you ever have to deal with real people or real sums of money someday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Jokes are all well and good but some of the serious posts in these threads are just scary.

[ QUOTE ]
ggb,

There is a difference between someone who previously has shown themselves worthy of credibility coming here with that story, and her doing so, when she hasn't shown herself to be anything other than a self-promoting money-seeking hustler.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hear! Hear! Just as much as people are giving BluffThis, etc. crap for being harsh on Brandi, it is just as out of line to assume that he (an others) are women haters without any more context. Sure, some of the comments in this thread make me wonder, but BluffThis is right in this instance.

He is responding to her own promotion and actions. He happens to have the courage to call this one as he sees it.

Also, Brandi (apparently) is sticking with the story that she was not a stripper. However, her personal blog mentioned that she had a backer "that took her off the pole" or words to that effect. I saw it myself, and I am not sure why Brandi is trying to gloss this over ... doing so makes it more of an issue (if it is at all) than it needs to be.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:13 AM

Tuco,

Unlike you or others, I don't believe in the myth of the "whore with a heart of gold". And the only reason people do believe that myth is because they want to "help" and "reform" such women so they can sleep with/marry them.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
is it just me, or does it seem like we have some serious women-haters around here?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not just you. I've read some disturbing [censored] in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-16-2006, 06:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tuco,

Unlike you or others, I don't believe in the myth of the "whore with a heart of gold". And the only reason people do believe that myth is because they want to "help" and "reform" such women so they can sleep with/marry them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Rape is never okay. The fact that you make a comment saying it's okay to rape someone because of what they do in their personal or professional life makes you an indecent human being.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:19 AM

Note to all: for anyone who wants to help women who truly have been traumatized by sexual/physical/emotional abuse, go donate to your local women's shelter or rape counseling center. Those kind of worthy outfits always need financial assistance. Instead of getting all sappy over the story of some poker scene huster which has a high probability of either not being totally true or brought on themselves by hanging with scummy people in the hopes of getting money off them.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:20 AM

heres a quick Tom Franklin bio from pokerpages:

Name: Captain Tom Franklin
Cashes: 79
Total Winnings: $2,261,394
First Place Finishes: 4
WSOP Bracelets: 1
ProRank 1 Position: 78 [ DETAILS ]
ProRank 2 Position: 714
Marital Status: Married
Children: 5
Started Playing Poker: 1970
Favorite Poker Game: No Limit
Ambition: To win 3 majors in one year.
Hobbies: Golf, singing and drumming
Favorite Movie: Walking Tall original
Favorite Music: 50's & 60's
Favorite Place: With my Family anywhere.
Favorite Celebrity: Ben Affleck
Poker Players I Respect Most: Scotty Nugen
If I could change anything in the world: Everyone treat everyone with respect.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tuco,

[/ QUOTE ]
Rape is never okay. The fact that you make a comment saying it's okay to rape someone because of what they do in their personal or professional life makes you an indecent human being.

[/ QUOTE ]

She didn't relate a story of actual or even attempted rape. She related one of someone who exposed themselves in attempt to get her to have sex with them.

Did she say he tried to rip her pajamas off? Maybe I misread it but I don't think so.
Closed Thread