Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Linecheck (KA)A stud8

Is everything good here? Obviously it seems to have worked out well since the man with a low decided to give me credit for one and then I made aces up, but would this play normally work out without tears or am I overcomitting myself with just one pair on 5th-6th? No reads.

PS. I am afraid everyone who visits this forum will be able to abuse me at stud8 because I post so many hands

7 Card Stud High-Low ($3/$6), Ante $0,50, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.17 SB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 4: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls

4th Street - (4.17 SB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (3.58 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 8: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street - (5.58 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

River - (7.58 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___calls

Total pot: (9.58 BB - $57,50)
Old 10-13-2007, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Linecheck (KA)A stud8

I personally like the way you played it. The only weird (not what otheers would say) thought, is maybe a C/R on 6th...But I doubt that works. Might as well just bet it.

Is there any chance we are behind on 7th? is it worth C/C there?

Also, is your sn the same on the sites as it is here? that would kinda suck I guess. We know who you are...but you might not know who we are [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

If I ever start playing 3/6, I'll let ya know [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2007, 10:46 PM

this is standard. 5th street makes or breaks this hand however. If you see any resistance on 5th i think its time to give up. As played with the 2 pair just keep betting for value
Old 10-14-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I personally like the way you played it. The only weird (not what otheers would say) thought, is maybe a C/R on 6th...But I doubt that works. Might as well just bet it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were in the villain's shoes, the only time I'd be betting into a board of A234 on sixth street is if I'd filled up, or made a straight or flush, none of which are possible given the villain's upcards. In other words, the only way the hero can successfully checkraise is if he has lost the high half the pot and is in danger of losing the low half.

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any chance we are behind on 7th? is it worth C/C there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, of course there is. But because the hero must always bet even hands like (87)A234(J) here, any villain fool enough to call the hero down with a brick pair when the hero comes out swinging with an ace in the door and catches (seemingly) perfect-perfect-perfect has to call the river bet even if her starting brick pair hasn't improved. The number of bets the hero earns in getting paid off more than make up for the number of bets the hero loses when the villain calls or raises with a better high hand.

My best guess is that the villain called and showed down a hand like (KT)TK74(X)
Old 10-14-2007, 11:33 AM

Looks good against most opponents. The only hand that actually makes sense for the other guy is TTT, so there are like two people I'd check the river against.