Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 11:54 PM

Default Haven\'t seen this before

Playing live O8 the other day when a woman sat down: she played every hand and went through several buy-ins, getting more and more pissed off the entire time - but then, on her next buy-in, she took out a lighter and waved it all around her chips for a long minute -
I suppose to make them "hot"...??

It didn't work, oddly enough, as she went through them immediately - she did it again to her next stack and when she lost those she left.

It made me want to leave rather than find myself engaging in any activity with the likes of her....I mean, screaming at the dealer to "give an extra shuffle", yelling for a deck change, changing seats every five minutes, sitting out until a particular dealer's down is over - - for some reason I can take all of that, but this just got to me.

In all these years, I've never seen that.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:11 AM

Default Re: Haven\'t seen this before

I'm surprised that the lighter ritual didn't work, it always works for me. Did she light the lighter? That is essential and the fact is that if you don't light it you can make your matters worse.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:17 AM

You're right Bodie, these people that dump rack after rack and have outrageous,scientific based habits make the game so hard to beat. I prefer to play with "Jesus." I hope your post is a joke.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:23 AM

This seems pretty standard in O8 IMO. Many players love playing every hand in this game which is why I like it so much. I also hope your post is a joke as these players are the very ones that make this game so profitable.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised that the lighter ritual didn't work, it always works for me. Did she light the lighter? That is essential and the fact is that if you don't light it you can make your matters worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me know where your playing on your next trip to vegas. PLEASE [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2007, 12:48 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me know where your playing on your next trip to vegas. PLEASE

[/ QUOTE ]

Noobie got leveled. Please adjust your sarcasm meter at the earliest opportunity.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:24 PM

It was no joke - and yes, she did light the lighter - you should have seen the look on the dealer's face when there was this actual flame flicering in a high arc all around her chips.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:26 PM

It wasn't a joke, except for the part about wanting to leave the game - I loved the part about being in the game with her playing every hand and willing to give away so many chips....but I didn't like looking the mirror of who I'm spending time around, if that makes any sense
Old 09-16-2007, 06:28 PM

Of course I like playing in the game with someone who plays like her - that's not what I meant......as I just answered below -

Bodie
Old 09-16-2007, 10:17 PM

I don't want to hang out with anybody who would accept the likes of me as a peer.

Or something like that.