Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2007, 04:22 PM

Default Imperial Palace Lv., room opinion?

Anybody ever stay there.When I goto LV I am staying with a friend in henderson. I plan on playing the Venetian tournies during the week, and may make sense to stay near there. Did a Hotel.com search and Imperial came back with a 3.4 rating at only $45/night.

Is this place decent ( I only really care that the rooms clean, good bed and a cranking ac), or is it like a circus circus?

Thanks
Old 06-09-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Imperial Palace Lv., room opinion?

The IP rooms are approximately one level above "hourly rate"...but they are fairly clean, and the AC worked well enough while I stayed there (TBH, it was in November). It is an older hotel, but not really a dive.

The poker room is the biggest fish tank in LV. There are basically NO regulars there...but all the games are low-limit.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:17 PM

i stayed there during the wsop last year, the rooms are nothing special...they're basic...but clean. It is an older hotel, but Its cheap and in prime location and i didnt do much but sleep there anyways so i was pleased. The poker room is really nothing special, they have 1/2NL and 2/4 & 3/6 limit...the players are especially bad, but then again, so are the dealers.

There are much better places to play poker in vegas, but for an affordable hotel in the center of the strip the IP was a good choice for the time i spent there
Old 06-09-2007, 05:38 PM

This place is decent. Just make sure you get something in the towers. Avoid if they offer you an east building room.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:17 PM

if you stay there, ask to stay on one of the higher floors because the elevators suck. the higher you are, the less people on board on the way down. if you are on the 8th floor, you could be waiting 10 minutes just to get an elevator that isn't packed.
as for the play in the poker room, everyone notoriously buys in short in the NL game. be selective, if there are 7 players with less that a hundred in front of them, just go somewhere else. i have come across times where half the table has over 200 and those are the greatest sessions.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody ever stay there.When I goto LV I am staying with a friend in henderson. I plan on playing the Venetian tournies during the week, and may make sense to stay near there. Did a Hotel.com search and Imperial came back with a 3.4 rating at only $45/night.

Is this place decent ( I only really care that the rooms clean, good bed and a cranking ac), or is it like a circus circus?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

whats wrong with circus circus?
Old 06-09-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

whats wrong with circus circus?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's Circus Circus.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:45 PM

i dont know what that means, please explain
Old 06-09-2007, 07:45 PM

While I haven't stayed at the IP, the location for playing poker at the Bellagio, Caesar's, and the Mirage would be great. No taxi cab drives anywhere if those 3 card rooms are good enough. On another note, who really cares about the room if the rate and location are good? You need somewhere to crash and keep your stuff and take a shower every day and that is it.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:50 PM

[/ QUOTE ]whats wrong with circus circus?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing IMO (see my above post) and you could probably walk it to the Wynn or the Venetian. The rates are cheap and the rooms are nice. I suppose all of this thought on the purpose of a room could be different if your lady is with you. I just don't see the purpose of spending more than $100 for a room in Vegas when your only there for like 6 hours max each day.