Default Re: NBA Mock Draft ver. 2

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Brewer goes top 5 for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow wtf, a team wins a national championship and suddenly everybody thinks their team is full of top nba players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please. Just as Noah has a game that obviously doesn't translate to the NBA, Brewer's game simply SCREAMS NBA. Has the size and defense to crack almost any starting lineup immediately and has plenty of offensive tools as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Brewer, there's just other players I'd take over him at his position. obviously those being Jeff Green and Julian Wright. Really if the draft order stays as is, the only top 5 team I could see taking Brewer is the Suns.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just think Julian is inferior in every aspect of the game to Brewer. I'm shocked you would think that as I'm sure you've watched them both play. Frankly, Julian is at least a year, maybe two away from being ready for more than 15mpg in the NBA IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Julian Wright is a much better passer than Brewer but other than that I agree with you
Old 04-20-2007, 01:14 AM

MEB is definitely right about guys on national championship teams getting picked too high. It will happen this year again as Florida's back to back titles were a product of everyone staying so people will think they are even better than they really are. Before I get all the haters on my back this is a really good Florida team, but they will get overpicked, just like the UNC team didn't have 4 top 14 picks.

I really really like Brandan Wright. I think he is the third best player in this draft.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:52 AM

Brewer is gonna be Tayshaun Prince, Gerald Wallace, Luol Deng level good.

He's my number three right now, but I gotta see who picks where.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:03 AM

"5. Seattle – Brandan Wright PF UNC

Wright is simply to good to pass up here. May not be an instant contributor but loads of potential. Should be able to get decent playing time in the frontcourt alongside Collison and Wilcox and Sene and Petro and Swift though."

Umm no.

The Supes don't need to draft another PF, they've got a lot of young talent. What they need is a 2/3 guy to replace Lewis when he bolts and or Allen when his age drags him off the cliff. Not that there's anybody in the draft (save Durant) who I think is a good fit in that spot.

People are too quick to give up on projects these days, everybody's writing off the Sene/Swift/Petro pics like they're busts.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:16 AM

Why not Brewer in Seattle?
Old 04-20-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm always up for discussing these things, but isn't it kinda moot until we figure out the order?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but when your team sucks and it's April 20, what else can you talk about? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I like Corey Brewer because I think he's got the size, the talent, and the midset to be a very good NBA player. The Florida thing is part of it of course, but the guy can step in tomorrow and be an above average NBA defender and can probably kick in a few points here and there in his first few seasons even without a refined offensive game. And once Brewer does get it figured out, which I think he will because he seems fairly intelligent based on interviews, he's probably going to shoot a million free throws in his time because he's quick, athletic, and fearless. He also seems passionate about playing and very competitive, I like that. The knock on him seems to be he can't shoot, but I saw him knock down plenty of shots last season.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The knock on him seems to be he can't shoot, but I saw him knock down plenty of shots last season.

[/ QUOTE ]

We also saw Redick and Morrison make a ton of shots their senior year, yet they can't create their own shots in the NBA yet. There is a huge difference between the games.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The knock on him seems to be he can't shoot, but I saw him knock down plenty of shots last season.

[/ QUOTE ]

We also saw Redick and Morrison make a ton of shots their senior year, yet they can't create their own shots in the NBA yet. There is a huge difference between the games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reddick and Morrison will never be able to penetrate against NBA players, I think Brewer eventually can. He's not as good a shooter as either of those guys, but he's much quicker and longer.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:47 AM

They key thing is they were good shooters in college, they haven't been anything special yet. I think Morrison shot under 40% from the field his rookie year. I think Brewer is going to be good as well, he reminds me of Prince, but I'm not sure how good offensively he can be yet.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:51 AM

Nah I'm not making any arguments he can be a superstar offensive player. I'm pulling the conservative numbers 14-16 ppg at his peak totally out of my ass. I do think if anything I'm low. He's quick, he's active, he's 6'8" (tho skinny), and his arms are long so I think he's going to get some points just by accident.

I also really like that he can play perimeter D and that he seems very competitive. Those two things are things that I think the Blazers really need.