Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Did you used to watch He-Man?
Yes 12 85.71%
No 2 14.29%
I suck; show me the results 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2007, 12:13 AM

Default Re: 2006 - 2007 NBA Season Discussion Thread

Ughh that denver and sa game was such a waste of time.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:32 AM

orlando, thanks for coming. welcome home Grant Hill and Darko.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:43 AM

Old 04-19-2007, 12:51 AM

Such a lousy way to end--the Bulls lay an egg and freefall from the 2nd seed to the 5th. So now we get Miami and potentially Detroit on the road, bah. And the icing on the cake is that Eddy Curry, after eating the icing and the cake, gets a last-second tip and drops the Bulls a few spots in the draft. Sigh, well at least Buehrle threw a no-hitter. Oh wait, I'm a Cubs fan.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:12 AM

Heh, this might be old news but I just read that Bonzi Wells did something stupid and wont play at all during the playoffs. Swwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
Old 04-20-2007, 10:29 AM

Wells lol

Hey I feel like I owe Jamaal Magloire an apology. I'm not even calling him Fatty anymore. The second half of the season he was probably my favorite Blazers player.

Good luck playoff teams!
Old 04-20-2007, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Heh, this might be old news but I just read that Bonzi Wells did something stupid and wont play at all during the playoffs. Swwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's old, it was decided after his stunt. I think the guy can only work with certain coaches.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hey I feel like I owe Jamaal Magloire an apology. I'm not even calling him Fatty anymore. The second half of the season he was probably my favorite Blazers player.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Roy???
Old 04-20-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's old, it was decided after his stunt. I think the guy can only work with certain coaches.

[/ QUOTE ]

What stunt? Im so happy though. Every game that I watched where he played, he was terrible. I mean it was sad how half assed he played.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:40 AM

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4700259.html

Wells absent as Rockets prepare for Sonics
By JONATHAN.FEIGEN
Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

SEATTLE — Rockets guard Bonzi Wells, after struggling through two games since returning from the inactive list, did not join the team for Monday's game against the Seattle SuperSonics, leaving only a message with athletic trainer Keith Jones.
Wells also skipped Monday's walk-through at the team hotel, but left Jones a message saying he thought he was being a distraction. He did not speak with Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy, who was unable to reach Wells by phone.
Rockets general manager Carroll Dawson was not immediately available. Wells' agent, Bill Duffy, said he would look into the matter.
"I don't know where he is," Van Gundy said. "I haven't talked to him. He left a message with Keith that he thought he was disrupting chemistry. I just tried to call him. His mailbox is full. I don't have an answer."
Van Gundy said he did not agree that Wells was a problem, but would not discuss potential penalties for Wells' absence or his reaction to it.
"I want to make sure he's safe first," Van Gundy said. "Let's take it one step at a time. He's not here tonight. Let's make sure he's OK and go from there. Once I know he's all right, we'll take whatever the next step is. I want to make sure he's safe, first."
Wells played 23 minutes on Friday, making 1 of 7 shots with three turnovers. He played just five minutes in Sacramento on Sunday, missing his only shot and committing two turnovers before, Van Gundy said, he asked out of the game. He did not play again.
Wells has struggled throughout the season, spending much of the first two months on the inactive list, and twice going out with back injuries. He went out again last month with a sore right foot, but remained inactive for 18 games, long after his foot was fully healed while Van Gundy considered other options off the bench.
Saying he was not happy with the team's play, Van Gundy returned Wells to the rotation last week. Van Gundy said he had no issues with Wells' attitude when he was inactive or since.
"He's been great," Van Gundy said. "He played four or five minutes last night and asked to come out. It was more frustration. That was my guess. I don't have any answers."
Wells, who is expected to opt out his two-year contract with the Rockets after the season, has played in just 28 games, averaging 7.8 points on 41.3 percent shooting, 14.3 percent shooting from the 3-point line and 56.1 percent shooting from the free throw line.
"I don't know what the situation is," Tracy McGrady said. "Obviously, it has to be something really bothering him to put himself in that situation to take himself out. I don't know. I haven't talked to him. I don't think he's talked to anybody."

Then:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2832779

HOUSTON -- Houston Rockets guard Bonzi Wells will sit out the rest of the season and his future with the team is uncertain.

Wells was fined and placed on the inactive list after he didn't show up for Monday's game in Seattle, the team said. Rockets spokesman Bob Schranz said Wednesday that Wells would not be activated again this season.

He was awesome last year in the playoffs but since he joined the Rockets, it's been crappy ever since. Serves him right for not taking the Kings offer.