Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 01:01 AM

Default 50NL 66 flops OESD

Hi
Villain was playing something like 40/20 over very small sample.

I think my flop raise put me in a pretty crappy spot perhaps just a call would have been better.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($52.10)
BB ($23.50)
UTG ($47.95)
MP ($61.35)
CO ($56.90)
Hero ($52.85)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $1.75, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($4.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $4.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15</font>, UTG calls $10.75.

Turn: ($34.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $16.2</font>
Old 11-14-2007, 01:30 AM

Default Re: 50NL 66 flops OESD

On the flop, at the point when you're facing the c-bet you probably have the best hand (although the full pot-sized nature of that c-bet has me concerned). However, you're also in one of those positions where the only worse hands that are likely to call (or push) are spades, which given the low nature of the flop will probably also be overs that are approximately flipping with you.

The raise protects your hand in a spot where there was no guarantee Villain was going to two-barrel AQ, it's true (and I'm not sure we'd even want him to two-barrel unless that 2nd barrel was smallish), but you do give up implied odds on your draw if you're facing an overpair. And despite the fact that if you make your hand a 4-straight will be on the board, I do think you have some implied odds.

Anyway, on the whole I think I like a flop call, but I don't hate the raise or anything.

Once that raise gets called, it looks like most likely you're drawing. And then the board pairs and you face a donkbet because, well, whenever the board pairs, it's always time to represent in the online micros! But if UTG isn't semi-bluffing he has practicaly committed himself, so the odds you're getting aren't too bad, and it's possible he is semi-bluffing and will give up on the river. (Or maybe we don't even want him to give up on his semi-bluffs as we'll be so near the felt on the river that it's going to be hard not to call.)

Er, anyway, I think the turn decision is close.