Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Deep in mtt, top ten stack. KK vs chipleader

Sounds like all the money was going in the middle either before or after the flop.

You both laddered your bets hoping to get paid off with your monsters. It is unfortunate his monster was a little bigger.

If you think your good enough to laydown KK PF, then your wasting your time reading these boards.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to go broke here, anyone who limps aces after two limpers in front of him needs to be ran over with a truck

[/ QUOTE ]

he must ve been confident his AA would hold up agasint several different hands lol, lets say you had 7 2 instead of KK so you are irrelavent....the sb and bb wouldve been in the pot with atc so

314,747,159 games 3.047 secs 103,297,393 games/sec

Board:
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 16.007% 15.40% 00.61% 48469992 1912683.40 { QJs }
Hand 1: 05.790% 05.41% 00.38% 17037815 1184745.90 { ATo }
Hand 2: 54.631% 54.25% 00.38% 170763659 1184745.90 { AA }
Hand 3: 15.265% 15.23% 00.04% 47926478 121020.40 { 74o }
Hand 4: 08.307% 07.70% 00.61% 24233337 1912683.40 { J3s, J3o }

whats the point of all this? Knowing you would likely be aginast two limpers and two blinds it wouldnt be very smart to limp in with AA, so why should you even think about putting him on it? His play dont make sense unless someone was raising or pushing preflop ALOT.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:29 PM

Was his name potripper? If not he's just an idiot who was fortunate that you picked up the exact hand that you did. At least now we know how he got the chiplead.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to go broke here, anyone who limps aces after two limpers in front of him needs to be ran over with a truck

[/ QUOTE ][img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

The next time you crush a flop out of the blinds with one of these sneaking in, you'll remember this. This more than evens out, I'm never putting him on that hand based on his pre action. nh.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:27 AM

In a tournament, I am NEVER folding KK in this situation. Who the hell limps in the hijack with AA after two players have already limped? This is absurd. I will go broke here every time and feel just fine about it. I don't understand the mentality of this guy willing to go to the flop against possibly four other players with aces.

No worries. You did what you were supposed to.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who the hell limps in the hijack with AA after two players have already limped? This is absurd... I don't understand the mentality of this guy willing to go to the flop against possibly four other players with aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's me but I don't find Villain's play that outrageous and here's why:

<ul type="square"> He's the chip leader by a good margin and can afford to be creative.

He doesn't want to scare off customers by raising first PF.

Hopefully he can read a flop and is smart enough to laydown his rockets on a bad board
(A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] vs Flop: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]). [/list]

We only get AA/KK once every 220 hands, so we might as well try to squeeze out as much as we can when it's dealt.

My two cents, Rod
Old 11-14-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who the hell limps in the hijack with AA after two players have already limped? This is absurd... I don't understand the mentality of this guy willing to go to the flop against possibly four other players with aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's me but I don't find Villain's play that outrageous and here's why:

<ul type="square"> He's the chip leader by a good margin and can afford to be creative.

He doesn't want to scare off customers by raising first PF.

Hopefully he can read a flop and is smart enough to laydown his rockets on a bad board
(A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] vs Flop: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]). [/list]

We only get AA/KK once every 220 hands, so we might as well try to squeeze out as much as we can when it's dealt.

My two cents, Rod

[/ QUOTE ]

no no and no...by letting 6 people limp we can't read the board...2 6 10 rainbow could be 2 pair...also if we keep raising we will disguise our steals...finally with any luck we may get limp reraised...villan got lucky but he is on the wrong side of creative unless he is sure he will get raised pre...IMHO
Old 11-14-2007, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm extremely disappointed for busting like this but can't help but wonder if there's anyway anyone can convince me I should have folded that hand.

Comments? Again, sorry for not having a proper HH.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

If you want to feel better about it, I suggest you post this hand again but this time just say you folded your KK to the chip leader's 4 bet because you felt he had AA. See what kind of response you get. I am sure it will help you feel better.

IMO, good call.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:55 AM

Overlimping with AA isn't horrendous at all. Folding KK here is, good call.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:03 PM

I sure hope that's sarcasm...