Old 10-02-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: 25NL: 3 barrels

dude - fold pf,

/thread
Old 10-02-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm taking 3 barrel bluffs out of my arsenal at 25nl. If they call two barrels they're calling 3. This is spew.

[/ QUOTE ]

at 10NL I took 2 barrel bluffs out of my arsenal. Then I decided cbets weren't bluffs, and took all (other) bluffs out of my playbook entirely. Helped a lot.

So 25nl is more "advanced", but people still call too much; you have to expect bluffing=spew. If conditions are perfect, ok, but here? Do you have some solid read that this guy chases flushes? Is your "loose" image consistent with only 3-street betting tpgk or better?

[/ QUOTE ]

I occasionally two barrel. I think you have to, especially if you've been at a table for a while and you have a tight image. You become way too predictable if you never fire two bullets. Just pick your spots carefully.

I play insanely tight sometimes depending on the table dynamics, so I can get a way with firing two barrels a lot. A lot of the time I just won't get cards on a table for a long time and I'm more inclined to fire two barrels when I do raise preflop, but I just use my judgment as to when to do that. Don't go crazy, and don't do it just to do it.

I agree OP should fold preflop, and I'm not firing two barrels often when I wasn't the pfr. This is a terrible flop to bet at imho. When he calls on the flop you're beat. He doesn't like his hand that much and maybe he'll check behind on the turn. I'd check/fold here to a healthy bet.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:26 PM

Have "fold to flop bet" and "fold to turn bet" in your pop-up stats. Run your turn bluffs on players with low flop-fold % (they call light on flop) and high turn-fold %.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:12 PM

don't take this the wrong way, but people are really understating just how bad this hand is.

open limping T9o from mp is bad, but its not a disaster. at least its only 1 bb. still badd though.

flop: this is a total meltdown. you're bluffing at a nothing pot, with 5 other players in, with 3 clean outs to a big hand. your hand sucks, your fold equity sucks, and with an entire table of limpies in the hand, the personel sucks too.

turn: not much changes. you're still bluffing multiple people without that probably aren't easily bluffed without much of anything. there's less people in now, but the ones left are more likely to call than they were the first time.

river: a brick. the last guy standing isn't going to fold anything but a busted draw after already going this far with his hand.

none of this is neccessary, even if it were good. any table with 6 people limping to the flop is going to be really easy to beat. you wait until you have something, do the same thing, and win.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:38 PM

Fold preflop, check flop, check turn, check river. Betting into a multiway pot with a double-gutter OOP is spew.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:48 PM

my bad. i misread the board and was thinking you only had a gutshot originally. i'd still rather just try to draw to my hand with that many people in there though.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:24 PM

Firstly I don't like the way you played the hand. I don't see value in trying to do this often. You'll get caught more often then not.

If you have a strong read that villain was on the flush draw then its not a terrible move. On the flip side Qx is probably calling you down.

Don't put yourself in this spot, but river bet isn't completely horrible.