Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Questions for Pats fans

[ QUOTE ]
Not a pats fan, but I think that Brady and BB are risking a cheap shot at some point in the coming weeks from a linebacker that takes the extra -- and arguably gratuitous -- scoring in the final minutes of the game personally...

[/ QUOTE ]

this has been discussed in depth in the other thread
Old 10-31-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not a pats fan, but I think that Brady and BB are risking a cheap shot at some point in the coming weeks from a linebacker that takes the extra -- and arguably gratuitous -- scoring in the final minutes of the game personally...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It also has absolutely no relevance to this topic.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:29 PM

Not a Pats fan but I love watching them kick the [censored] out of teams. Why would you not like seeing Moss plucking balls out of the air with double coverage, Brady making sick accurate passes and ammasing monster drives every game etc etc. It's exciting as [censored] to watch. I imagine it would get boring if it goes on too long though.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:07 PM

I don't think anything in sports will ever be as fun as watching the 2001 Pats. I do enjoy the current team, and I am rooting for them to be the best team ever.

I would prefer to watch closer games, but that doesn't mean that I want to Pats to let up at all. I just wish another team would rise to the Pats' level. Perhaps this week.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP: I love it.

Follow up question for pats fans: Does anyone else buy into Brady and BB's attitudes that every game is tough? I keep finding myself worried about Washington or Buffalo. I'm rarely really confident going in to any game.

Maybe that's why it's not boring for me to see them kick so much ass all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it's tough in the sense that if they don't work hard to prepare, they will loose to anyone in the league, but I don't find myself worying about mediocre teams.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it has been discussed, that's fine and it need not be discussed again. I didn't read the other thread.

It is very relevant. If you enjoy watching your team blow out every other team, the next question is whether doing so brings any additional risk.

Interestingly, it is your posting that mine has no relevance that is irrelevant. Do you see why?

Anyway -- I am hoping for a good tight game this weekend and don't care who wins.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:39 PM

Its fun cuz Boston fans all suck. Lets go Colts.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it has been discussed, that's fine and it need not be discussed again. I didn't read the other thread.

It is very relevant. If you enjoy watching your team blow out every other team, the next question is whether doing so brings any additional risk.

Interestingly, it is your posting that mine has no relevance that is irrelevant. Do you see why?

Anyway -- I am hoping for a good tight game this weekend and don't care who wins.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh yea, well you pointing out that my post is irrelevant is irrelevant.

Seriously though, the topic is whether blowouts are boring or not. Arguing that they are is relevant, arguing that they are not is relevant. Debating whether or not they should be blowing teams out is A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TOPIC and not relevant to this one.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously though, the topic is whether blowouts are boring or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh. No it's not. The OP is a little broader than that... certainly he asks if it is "fun" but broadens it by asking whether you would rather see close games.

Anyway, if threads in this forum ever stayed strictly to the OP's intent... well, we would have a lot less posts here.

Either way, I end my part of the hijack here.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously though, the topic is whether blowouts are boring or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh. No it's not. The OP is a little broader than that... certainly he asks if it is "fun" but broadens it by asking whether you would rather see close games.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh. That's the same thing. He doesn't broaden [censored]. Either you think they're fun or you think they're boring and would rather see close games. Your original comment has nothing to do with the enjoyability of blowouts, thus off topic.

I win.