Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Re: The semi-fatties that want to lose weight

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm.. uh... 6' and weigh around 175, want to get back down to around 160 but university is closed for summer and thus almost no access to sport and I cant get my ass up to just go out and run so meh... cant do much more than eat healthy and go slow and wait for better times atm I guess :P (lame excuses ftl)

[/ QUOTE ]

man that sounds so skinny. i'm 6'1" 175 and I have a little chub and almost no muscle. i've been 160 before and pretty much everyone i talked to mentioned how skinny i was.

also, there's a whole variety of body weight exercises you can do in the comfort of your own home that are just as good as weights.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh well, it's mostly that I developed quite a big belly because those 15lbs mostly gathered there, and it seems like some of my muscles also transformed into fat, so I'm more voluminous now...
I could do almost no sport for half a year now because of glandal fever / pfeiffer fever /kissing disease thingy, so I feel terribly out of shape. (and my gf agrees :P)
Old 08-15-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm I'm pretty sure you rejected my friend request.

[/ QUOTE ]

whaaat. pm me a link to your myspace i almost never reject friend requests, i must've thought it was spam
Old 08-16-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I'm 6 feet and when I get below 180, people tell me I'm too skinny. Why do you want to weigh 160? Are you going after the Brad Pitt/Fight Club/emaciated look?

[/ QUOTE ]

The emaciated look is in for guys and girls [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

which is a travesty; i hate the way skinny guys look . . . i think a healthy extra 10 lbs is wayyy sexier then a super-toned body. a super-toned body implies to me that the guy is obsessed with working out and semi-psycho, a little chub tells me he's relaxed and enjoys life and all of it's pleasures (booze and burgers!). of course, i do like toned arms/pecs, i just don't really like ripped abs.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I'm 6 feet and when I get below 180, people tell me I'm too skinny. Why do you want to weigh 160? Are you going after the Brad Pitt/Fight Club/emaciated look?

[/ QUOTE ]

The emaciated look is in for guys and girls [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

which is a travesty; i hate the way skinny guys look . . . i think a healthy extra 10 lbs is wayyy sexier then a super-toned body. a super-toned body implies to me that the guy is obsessed with working out and semi-psycho, a little chub tells me he's relaxed and enjoys life and all of it's pleasures (booze and burgers!). of course, i do like toned arms/pecs, i just don't really like ripped abs.

[/ QUOTE ]

guys, fwiw, this is a the biggest crock of [censored] girls love to often repeat to tell dudes to make them seem "laid back".
Old 08-16-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

guys, fwiw, this is a the biggest crock of [censored] girls love to often repeat to tell dudes to make them seem "laid back".

[/ QUOTE ]

...actually i don't know anyone who agrees with me on that...i thought i was pretty unique in that opinion. and next time you want to put words in my mouth, i suggest making them at least a little more eloquent. you're slacking, dick.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:39 PM

Tons of girls say this, and its rarely true. Im not putting words in your mouth....Im just translating.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:46 PM

I see where Fluff is coming from.

Toned abs are super hot, but 99% of the guys I've met with your stereotypical "perfect" body were either insufferable narcissistic douchebags who gaze at themselves in every reflective surface, or someone who has or has not yet come out of the closet.

So a pudge may not carry a positive connotation but a perfect body CERTAINLY carries a negative one... for me at least.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:51 PM

I'm 5'9", 225, 38 inch waist. Am I semi-fat or just fat? Everyone thinks I weight 20 lbs less than I do. Maybe I carry it well, or they're just lying.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:53 PM

Wow you must really carry it really well. It might be just in my imagination you sound pretty big (though your a daddy so its okay), im 5'8 and 150-160.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see where Fluff is coming from.

Toned abs are super hot, but 99% of the guys I've met with your stereotypical "perfect" body were either insufferable narcissistic douchebags who gaze at themselves in every reflective surface, or someone who has or has not yet come out of the closet.

So a pudge may not carry a positive connotation but a perfect body CERTAINLY carries a negative one... for me at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

right, which is why I called it a crock of [censored]. Fluff said she is not attracted to super ripped guys, i call BS. Shes not attracted to teh pre-conceived notion of what she thinks they will be like personality-wise

If you have two guys with teh same personality, same humor, same everything, except one guy is ripped, and one isnt, no chick is ever going to choose the guy who isnt ripped.

I eloquently called what fluff said a "crock of [censored]" for this reason.

yes, you may think it implies that a guy is narcissistic, and yes in some cases it does (not as much as perceived imo), but you are saying you arent attracted to the narcissistic tendencies, NOT the actual bodies.

moral of the story, be ripped, and dont be a narcissistic douche.