Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2007, 02:40 AM

Default NL10. Flush draw and 2 overcards

New to the table, no reads.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP2 ($14.35)
MP3 ($3.45)
CO ($5)
Hero ($9.80)
SB ($10.05)
BB ($8.70)
UTG ($11.85)
UTG+1 ($2.90)
MP1 ($3.25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.10.
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, Hero calls $0.10, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.60) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.5</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls $0.50, CO folds, Hero?

Do you just call here, make a raise or simple shove?

Also, do you raise this preflop?
Old 02-12-2007, 02:48 AM

Default Re: NL10. Flush draw and 2 overcards

If I play this, and I do, then I would defenitaly raise it up. You dont want to play AJ against this many opponents.
You are drawing to the nut flush, but it is not certain you will get payed, so maybe you dont have any implied odds. the postflop raiser could have Ax and hit is x on the flop, so an Ace is no out then anymore.
So the preflop call makes it very difficult to play this on the flop. I guess I would call, but I would never play it like this.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:50 AM

Raise it up to like $2 or $2.50. Don't shove.

I raise this preflop.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are drawing to the nut flush, but it is not certain you will get payed, so maybe you dont have any implied odds. the postflop raiser could have Ax and hit is x on the flop, so an Ace is no out then anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]
But shouldn't we raise then? He might fold Ax with a paired kicker to a nice raise. Also we're almost equal money against this guy.

Another reason to raise could be to drive out other flush draws and take the pot immediately, and if not we might get a free card on the turn.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
But shouldn't we raise then? He might fold Ax with a paired kicker to a nice raise. Also we're almost equal money against this guy.

Another reason to raise could be to drive out other flush draws and take the pot immediately, and if not we might get a free card on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't want to drive out other flush draws...

You have a very strong hand so you really you are raising as a semi-bluff and for value at the same time.

In other words if you raise to $2 and they BOTH call that is great. You have probably close to 50% pot equity and are putting in 1/3 of the $.

Or you could raise and they both fold which is OK too.

If you raise and only one calls that isn't bad either cuz you can't be far behind if at all and on the turn you are in control and can choose whether to take another stab at it or take the free card.

Its a win/win/win. Raise it up.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:55 PM

Raise it up preflop! Call or raise flop, don't push, reevaluate turn. Whether you call or raise depends on the aggressiveness of the villains; if BB is passive then maybe he is betting a flopped set and only 8 your flush outs are live with him having redraws. You definately don't want to fold out the other FDs. They will pay you off nicely when your flush hits.