fold 11 20.75%
call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2007, 01:17 PM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alobar:[ QUOTE ]
They obviously dont want to get rid of the bots, they just want to appear to care to ease the concerns of the players, but keep right on getting the rake the bots generate.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not necessarily in the short-term interest of a site to remove the bots. 1) Extensive banning would frighten the casual player when the news spreads out. 2) Bots generate lots of rake. 3) A poker site has limited resources so investigating these claims are "wasteful" from the financial and labor point of view.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah. Hell if I ran a site I wouldnt care either. Its butts in the seats and it's alot of money in my pocket. And it doesnt matter if I dont fix the problem because people are still going to play anyway. They'll bitch and moan about bots but they keep right on playing. Look at party poker, horrible customer service, keep raising rake, everyone hated them, yet we still kept right on lining up to play. We (the user base) have shown the sites time and time again that they can do whatever they want and we will still keep coming back for more. The bot issue is no different.

So its not like they are worried about long term consequences either, becuase they know there really arent any. All they have to do is appear to care and make it seem like its safe, and thats good enough for the typical player. Hell the typical player(fish) is soo clueless its funny. They play online poker even tho they "know" its 100% rigged, they havent got a clue about the reality of the situation, and they obviously don't care. and as long as they keep playing there so will we. And the sites know this. I bet they sit around and laugh at all our "im withdrawing all my money right now!" comments. Where are we going to go? Just to some other site that has bots, only they do a better job of making it seem like they care.

[/ QUOTE ]
This isn't completely true. Look at PokerRoom and the Prima network. Both have had some VERY big problems with customer service and people getting their money, and as a result of that there are very few people "in the know" of online poker (e.g. 2+2ers) that play there.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:19 PM

Good luck at the tables,folks. Guess I won't post anymore, getting shredded for having a different opinion. That's the only way I can explain why FT let these guys back on, but here's to being close-minded...Cheers!
Old 05-09-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Consider this:A group of friends all play similar styles and play in a room together on the same IP address.That would explain why they never sit at the same tables,for fear of callusion flags.Isn't it possible for them to have a winning strategy,and help each other out? If there were bots on Full Tilt,they would remove them,case closed.I've personally seen them chat plenty,and have chatted with them myself.We should all be able to exploit ANY bot,and the fact that they keep winning makes me think that they aren't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think everyone has considered and dismissed this as the reasoning. When considering the stats, timing, time they play, etc. it does not equal 3 nerds in a room only playing when the others are playing and waiting 15 seconds on every decision.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:22 PM

[censored]!
Old 05-09-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I mostly ignored bot issues because I agreed with the popular sentiment at the time that it was just too complicated to program a bot to play well at an kind of meaningful stakes.

I wonder why this would be compared with ALL the calculations a chess-bot can perform or even how half-decently I assume some of the players are on Turbo-Holdem or one of the WSOP video-game things (where you play against Ferguson or Hachem or whoever).

But people around here convinced me otherwise that it just wasn't realistic at that time for a bot to do well.

Then I saw evidence to the contrary in various threads and used my incredible skills of reasoning and open-mindedness to look at the situation anew.

It's not that tough to have PREVIOUSLY thought bots weren't very realistic and then to open your eyes and realize you might have been wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah Bob, I agree with you. Just to be clear, I was never too worried about NL bots either until this thread. But on the other hand I never agreed with the sentiment that it would be impossible to program a winning NL bot.

To be honest my style is fairly robotic most of the time and that seems to be good enough to have a solid winrate at 200NL 6max. I know that to succeed at higher levels against better players would require more complicated logic though.

Seems like we do have the bot-programmer in the thread or someone affiliated with him, because only a retard would argue these players aren't bots. This whole gang of friends would checkraise ONLY against one player on the entire network, that's what you are saying? Also, given they have such an exact identitical nature every decisions should be made within an instant, so why would these individuals take 10-15 seconds for every decsions, that would just lose them money.

OP: Very, very good work here, one of the most interesting posts I've read on 2p2 in a long time. It's so obvious that FTP is trying to cover this up since the whole idea of "BOTS PLAYING ONLINE POKER; THEY ARE HERE NOW" would be such a blow to online poker that nobody knows what effect it could have. I'm just at a loss for words of how unprofessional FTP-support is.

[ QUOTE ]
[censored]!

[/ QUOTE ]

???... but the same to you, lol
Old 05-09-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know that to succeed at higher levels against better players would require more complicated logic though.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Complicated logic" is the forte of a computer program.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know that to succeed at higher levels against better players would require more complicated logic though.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Complicated logic" is the forte of a computer program.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it isn't, but I think I know what you mean.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good luck at the tables,folks. Guess I won't post anymore, getting shredded for having a different opinion. That's the only way I can explain why FT let these guys back on, but here's to being close-minded...Cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT THE [censored] GUYS YOU ALWAYS DO THIS

WHENEVER THE NEXT JOHNATHAN CHAN RUNS UP TO TWO PLUS TWO YOU SCARE HIM AWAY BY BEING RUDE

C;MON GUYS