Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Recent Battlestar Galactica suckiness (possible spoilers)

I think the last couple of episodes have been the best of the series. Every episode can't be action packed with no plot sometimes we have to learn to love the characters a little bit more.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:27 PM

BSG in my top 100 TV shows evah!

And I only just put it in an hour ago.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:56 PM

All,

Rather than engage in discussion on the subject of whether or not the previous episodes were crappy, here instead are some very NSFW pics of that nympho Tricia Helfer and the asian sensation Grace Park.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i know literally nothing about this show buy from the 22 seconds or so i've seen of it it looked phony as [censored]. maybe if i got into it i'd like it though as i am a huge fan of lost and heroes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch the miniseries. If you don't like that, then you probably won't like the show. However, everybody i've shown it to, first, has watched it all the way through in one sitting (it's about 3 hours) and second, has become a believer. Even people that refuse to watch Sci-fi in general.

The first few episodes of season three were money, but it has gotten very rocky, but there are still ups (Baltar's torture episode for example) and i've read that the creators were told by Sci-Fi to make more stand alone episodes rather than arcing ones, which would contribute to fan agitation as the arcing episodes were always what made the series so great. I'm hoping that season four will re-ignite the series.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:10 PM

Season one was a little slow at points but good. Season two was basically awesome all the way through - i watched that back to back (on and off) in like a week.

Season three started well, but it hasnt lived up to previous showings, especially the end of season 2.

I hope it hasnt peaked already, and with season 4 commisioned there is a good chance it well get good, especially with the joining up of the 13 collonies to fight off the cylons.

I would predict season 4 has them reach earth, and when they get there they make peace with us, then they will do a 'skip forward a year' type dealio like on New Caprica - then cue the Cylons arrival.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Season one was a little slow at points but good. Season two was basically awesome all the way through - i watched that back to back (on and off) in like a week.

Season three started well, but it hasnt lived up to previous showings, especially the end of season 2.

I hope it hasnt peaked already, and with season 4 commisioned there is a good chance it well get good, especially with the joining up of the 13 collonies to fight off the cylons.

I would predict season 4 has them reach earth, and when they get there they make peace with us, then they will do a 'skip forward a year' type dealio like on New Caprica - then cue the Cylons arrival.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is seriously what i'm hoping for. I really don't want to see them drag out the discovery of the 13th coloney as some sort of series finale. I remember when i was a Star Trek nerd, watching Deep Space Nine and being amazed at how great the show became after the war with the one race i can't remember the name of right now. The war became WWII in space and took the rest of the series (several seasons) and produced some outstanding shows.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:33 PM

The changling race, i forget their names for themselves.

I really like DS9 of all the treks, it had the best battle scenes of all, and Phill <3 battle scenes in space.

And judging by the fact that in the origional series they made it to earth (this was in a made for TV movie btw) and the way the second season went its 100% certain they will make it there. And Six said the Cylons wanted to go to Earth to make it their new home.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:40 PM

I stopped watching this show a few weeks ago. I got halfway through an episode and realised i just DIDNT FREAKING CARE about anything that was happening.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I stopped watching this show a few weeks ago. I got halfway through an episode and realised i just DIDNT FRAKKING CARE about anything that was happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

This season has sucked but where exactly can you go with this type of show? omg where is earth????? times 100 basically. If they were really cool they'd find earth next episode instead of drawing it out even more.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:15 PM

scene
Dwight(the office): Do you watch Battlestar Gallactica?
Rando guy at cocktail party: No
Dwight: Then you're stupid.
/scene