Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2006, 02:43 PM

Default Re: 99 vs. PF cap from 2+2er

if you think his range is something like tt+, ako+, do you think you can make him fold qq-tt? did he hesitate before betting the flop at all? sometimes weak/tightish players will do that, and it basically gives you free reign to steal from them.

For example villain in this hand was pretty weak tight, and I could tell he was bet/folding this flop. Obviously it's very different with an ace hitting instead of a king but you get the idea.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB
Old 10-13-2006, 02:51 PM

"I could tell he was bet/folding this flop."

good play then
Old 10-13-2006, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I could tell he was bet/folding this flop."

good play then

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but he hesitated a really long time, so i figured it was worth the extra 2 sb here

my point was you don't necessarily have to fold that flop when he donks you, especially if you think you can get him to fold some better hands
Old 10-13-2006, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is 21/16/2. Is it fair to assume his pf capping range from UTG is something like AK, JJ+, maybe TT? Basically am I folding to this flop bet?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

did he know that you were a 2+2er as well? This could potentially change his preflop capping range.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah, very good question. Indeed he did know that I was a 2+2er but only about 1 min before because I was chatting with him about the legislation. Therefore, I don't think he'd have thought of adjusting his capping range so quickly.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're only asking part of the question. The other issue is whether you can take this pot away from him with a weaker hand. Granted, few players will fold QQ-TT in a HU pot, but you should at least ask yourself this question based on how you perceive his postflop play (particularly on the turn), and your own table image.

[/ QUOTE ]
It might be possible to get him to fold TT or JJ but I don't think he's folding QQ and I'm getting 3bet by AA, KK, and AK so it's probably not worth it.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ah, very good question. Indeed he did know that I was a 2+2er but only about 1 min before because I was chatting with him about the legislation. Therefore, I don't think he'd have thought of adjusting his capping range so quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]
First, if you and I were playing HU and then I said, "Hey, I'm RunDownHouse," I don't think it would take you three minutes or whatever to revise your thoughts, reactions, and plays. We're not tree sloths. Second, you're assuming he didn't know who were were before you started chatting. Your Party screenname isn't exactly hard to decipher.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
First, if you and I were playing HU and then I said, "Hey, I'm RunDownHouse," I don't think it would take you three minutes or whatever to revise your thoughts, reactions, and plays. We're not tree sloths. Second, you're assuming he didn't know who were were before you started chatting. Your Party screenname isn't exactly hard to decipher.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not being an active poster, I didn't think anyone would actually notice. Thanks for the heads up.