Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Re: time to hate on my new watch

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I used to wear a watch constantly and I got into a fight and didnt do as well as I would have liked. I practice kung fu but the watch kind of got in my way. I still kicked the guys ass but it felt strange so I havent worn it since.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol at u

[/ QUOTE ]

when i fight i use my elbows, knees, shins, and heels - and if it gets even more up close my forehead, back of my head, and my teeth... so no worries, mate!
Old 10-18-2007, 03:58 PM

Not going to getinto what I do and why its hard to use with a watch on...fwiw i like the watch
Old 10-18-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not going to getinto what I do and why its hard to use with a watch on...fwiw i like the watch

[/ QUOTE ]

No! Please! I'm dying to hear more about your badass life and fighting experience that you made up last week while spilling a hotpocket on your mom's bathrobe!
Old 10-18-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No! Please! I'm dying to hear more about your badass life and fighting experience that you made up last week while spilling a hotpocket on your mom's bathrobe!

[/ QUOTE ]
Time to hit you with some kung-fu knowledge. All styles of Kung-Fu have an individual aspect that you have to learn and practice and that is what makes it different from other styles of Kung-Fu. In Wing Chun you train your fore arms to override your eyes, that sounds funny but let me explain. You will not always see the punch coming and even if you do it might be a fake. Wing Chun prefers to fight very close up and what that does is any hit has to cross our arms to hit our face or bodies. You train your arms to feel the energy and train your body to work off of that energy. You want the movements to become instinct, you don't want to have to think about them. It is like touching a hot stove and whipping your hand away before you feel the heat, same concept applies here. This is hard to do and requires a lot of patience and drilling but if you do it well enough and for long enough you can do the exercises blindfolded just by touch. I know what your thinking and yes it is really bad ass.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:15 PM

Last night in kung fu class we were working on throwing people if they kick at you. Very cool stuff, but it has left me very sore this afternoon.