Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Finished PNL

damn havent played poker for 3days now to busy with school and motor lessons, doh me tired
Old 09-22-2007, 05:10 PM

Default NL is so easy

Just posted a visual aid with stats and graphs to the benefits of NL over LHE on BBV.

I really can't believe how easily I made the switch. I think it is easy for anyone who had played limit to beat the uNL games, because so many of the people playing there are brand new to poker and have no clue how to play poker. Even though I had no experience playing NL, at least I knew how to play poker, and that gives you such a big edge at these low stakes.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...umber=12195466
Old 09-22-2007, 11:14 PM

Default Re: Official Limit-->NL Forum No Content Thread!

taking a break from sh limit. playing some nl200 at pstars and gosh i tilted really bad. could feel my heart pumping thru the side of my skull. was only winning all the little pots and for some reason having to fold (when its obvious im beat) or lose in the big pots tilts me in nl. it's not monkey tilt like i turn into a spewing station but more like i start raising my bluffing frequency and aggression all the while losing my concentration because of the xtra adrenaline. it sux. normally i take a break, but my gosh the tables were juicy. end result below:

Old 09-25-2007, 11:34 AM

I play/run goot

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post12229634
Old 09-27-2007, 05:57 PM

LP HH Converter Version 3.0 BETA TESTERS Needed!
Old 10-08-2007, 06:38 PM

This disgustingly badly played hand shows that some people have to learn the same lesson in NL as well as in LHE. Enjoy.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP2 ($0.94)
CO ($3)
<font color="#C00000">Button ($4.18)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($1.12)</font>
BB ($2.75)
UTG ($2.98)
UTG+1 ($3.81)
MP1 ($2.09)

Quite comfortable coming to the table with only 60BB until more comfortable with bet-sizing.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.02.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $0.1</font>, Hero calls $0.09, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO folds.

Should've raised back, say 3 x button's raise. Obviously a steal going on after CO posted/checked.

Flop: ($0.24) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $0.1</font>, Hero calls $0.10.

Don't like the king. Decide to c/c or c/f, don't wish to commit. after spending 12c I am on the brink of commitment threshold

Turn: ($0.44) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Make the set. Decide to give a free card, DUH! I wasn't thinking. Even less than 2/3P would've priced out some drawing hands.

River: ($0.44) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.44</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1</font>, Hero calls $0.48 (All-In).

Horrible card drops, and now I commit, 1 or 2 streets too late. I bet the pot.

Final Pot: $2.28

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Qh Qc (three of a kind, queens).
Button has 4c As (straight, ace high).
Outcome: Button wins $2.36. </font>

You gotta love the learning process.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This disgustingly badly played hand shows that some people have to learn the same lesson in NL as well as in LHE. Enjoy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not enjoyable and Ill take it easy on you cause this forum sux and you cant really seek strategy advise for nl anywhere on this site. Your play is pretty backwards but you are uncomfotrable so its understandable. Why are you at 1 cent 2 cent and buying in with a medium stack??? This is where you want to learn how to play with a full stack. I mean If you have a terrible day here your gonna lose like 20 bucks.
Playing with medium stack not only kills the learning process but it makes the game much harder for you to play. You are forced into commitment in more marginal spots and you are unable to determine hand ranges bc you cant get any information before your committed. If bet sizing is your problem dont let it be when you are going to bet just make sure you bet at least 2/3 pot. If you are going to reraise preflop make it about 3x in position 4x out of position and add a bb in for every player whose in the pot with ya. Betting and raising is the easy part, it's the delicacy of learning when to slow down and speed up that you need to learn BC all NL comes down to is getting the other guys stack not winning more hands and if you can only take 60 BB off your opponent you are only hurting yourself.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:39 AM

weeeeeeeee.....I have a minimum wage job. 90% of this is 2 tabling, so like 9 hours of poker

Old 10-26-2007, 01:57 AM

OK.. NC thread getting no recent love, so let's change that...

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] this forum and I never imagined how many juicy NL games were actually out there. It's a nice break from grinding out 2/4 and 3/6 LHE and actually having to table select some.

Old 10-26-2007, 06:17 AM

I was gonna dig this thread back up but you beat me to it. Running crap leads to playing like crap, hopefully there is a glimmer of hope at the end there though. I've only been at nl100 a couple of weeks so this feels way worse than it really is.