you are a f moron.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-31-2007, 11:35 PM

Default Re: Beat: My Life

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Around there, personally, yes. But its common knowledge that most people who tell others they're going to kill themselves generally don't want to. Any intro psych student knows that much. Sure, there are a few rare occasions. I don't respect people that talk about suicide or go through with it. It's the most selfish act one can do. Just my thoughts on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in grad school for social psych and have taught several psychology courses, and I've never heard that. You're right that it is common knowledge though - just not necessarily true. Google "talking about suicide" (or actually look in a psychology or mental health textbook) and you'll see that it's a common MYTH that people who talk about suicide won't really do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank. You.

Goddamn pop-psychology ignoramuses please stfu or gtfo.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide...s_and_attempts

I've personally had 3 people tell me they wanted to end their life. I've watched someone "attempt" to overdose on Vicodin. 2 were females, 1 I was in a relationship with, the one that faked suicide...probably should trip report that, its a pretty hilarious story all together.

Anyway, she would always talk how she was younger how she slit herself blah blah but she had no visible scars. After overdose I forced her to go to therapy because I thought she was bluffing but didn't want to say that obviously. She was bluffing and said she was fine and was never going to do it but I said still gotta go or im done. (Hindsights a bitch why I stayed with her?) Anyway, doc wanted to ask me some things about her since she brought me up several times. He basically told me she probably wasn't going to come back, shes crazy and needs serious help, i inquired more about her constant talk about suicide to which he said most kids that talk about suicide are looking for attention.

I'm missing a lot of parts of that story mainly because I've began drinking for the night and am in the middle of a McDonalds meal. I'll still stand by that most suicide talk is nothing more then please help me, as time goes on it turns to, please help me or i'll do something, please help me im doing something, please help me im losing it, please help me i'll be dead soon. Whatever, hate to ruin the thread.

You don't need to cry though I wasn't saying I hope lurker dies, chill with the emotional [censored]. I'm not trying to dare the bastard to play highway frogger. Internet is serious.

[/ QUOTE ]

you seem very dense. The concept that people who talk about it are just bluffing is beyond retarded. It promotes the idea that if you are feeling suicidal its best to not talk to anyone since youll just look like an attention whore anyways. Think how many people dont seek help when they really need to because of this ill conceived theory on the matter.

Maybe hes just generally depressed and needs a hug and someone to share his feelings with. If this is the case, its a good thing that hes making this post. However what youre doing is chastising him when he needs help. Why in the name of raptor jesus would you push a person thats a few yards from the edge to the edge?

lurker, hope you are feeling better man. Im sure by now you have plenty of people to chat with that you dont really know, but if you want you can drop me a line. aim: beeseeyouzee. If you dont feel like talking about this crap I think we have similar tastes in music, Im always down to chat about that stuff.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:35 PM

Right this way folks....

Here we have an example of the Kick People When They're Down personality.

We've caged this specimen for your protection. Please keep your arms away from the rail lest suddenness occur. We're not quite sure it's human, you see...
Old 08-31-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lurker. Hope it's a joke in bad taste.

If not, don't do it.

You're one of my favorite posters BTW.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-31-2007, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know nothing about psychology but it just seems kind of strange to me with the facts he's given:

-lives with parents
-stays up all night on the computer, sleeps all day
-has no job
-doesn't go to school
-complains that his life is directionless
-has made 5200 posts on a website in the last 8+ months

Any other 19 year olds care to compare their life with his?

I'd guess he has one of two choices: get a job or go to school and stop the attention whoring

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly that list pretty much was me a bit over a year ago. I did move out and started school a few months back, and life is a lot better, a lot more consistent. However had I made this post at the time, having you be an ass would not have helped me realize that I needed change. So once again, why in the hell would you try and push someone whos a few feet from the edge to the edge? In what way does this seem like a good strategy?
Old 08-31-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know nothing about psychology but it just seems kind of strange to me with the facts he's given:

-lives with parents
-stays up all night on the computer, sleeps all day
-has no job
-doesn't go to school
-complains that his life is directionless
-has made 5200 posts on a website in the last 8+ months

Any other 19 year olds care to compare their life with his?

I'd guess he has one of two choices: get a job or go to school and stop the attention whoring

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly that list pretty much was me a bit over a year ago. I did move out and started school a few months back, and life is a lot better, a lot more consistent. However had I made this post at the time, having you be an ass would not have helped me realize that I needed change. So once again, why in the hell would you try and push someone whos a few feet from the edge to the edge? In what way does this seem like a good strategy?

[/ QUOTE ]

you forget, he knows nothing about psychology
Old 08-31-2007, 11:45 PM

Hey dudes: new subject

I like chicken.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:48 PM

Lurker

In one of House's episodes, a patient asks him...

"Don't you care if you leave or die?"

and he says

"I care because I live, I can't care if I'm dead"

All the emotions and the phases you are going are just temporary. We are all gonna die, it's just a matter of when. Just try to enjoy the journey of life while you still can and the moment life starts turning around for you, the smallest thing that makes you happy, will make you enjoy and appreciate being alive so much more than before. We are so lucky to be alive and especially in a time like this with technology, human rights, free speech and all these beautiful things around. Just make sure before you die you make the most out of your live.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey dudes: new subject

I like chicken.

[/ QUOTE ]

what chicken is best?