Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 10:18 PM

Default Full Tilt deposit debacle

I received a 50% up to $500 deposit bonus from full tilt and I am US player. So I thought I would try to deposit 3k or 4k to play some NL100/200.

First, I tried using my credit card and the max limit is $600. I asked for a increase and they said no because I have no history. Although rinky dinky Bodog let me make deposits with my credit card no questions asked.
Last I looked Bodog was 9th largest and FTP was 2nd largest.

FTP emailed me their "Tilt Pay" number. I call and get some clueless monkee named "Nick". Nick proceeds to tell me that I was denied because I do not have a payment processor history (he read the script admirably I must say). I then proceed to tell "nick" that I just received my money from neteller after 6 months and there is no f##cking way in h#ll I am going to use another one. Nick seems to not like the cursing. I ask Nick if his company is this stupid or is this a special day. Nick hangs up on me.

After cursing FTP out for not allowing me to take my check card which is tied to my bank account and deposit, I decided to ask for details on how to do a cash transfer.

I get the email, hop in my car, drive to the moneygram location and go through all the hoops and the agent states, "sir this is for online gambling and I do not feel comfortable with this thus I am not going to allow it". I stammer in protest having mentioned nothing about online gambling.

I then ask for the supervisor and the supervisor comes from out back and starts drilling me on why I want to send "Roberto" money in Nicaragua. I state that he is a blah blah and I never mention online gambling. The supervisor says, "I do not belive you, thus I am declining this transaction". I say thanks, hop in the car drive to the next moneygram location. Repeat.

I then email FTP and ask if I can wire the money from my bank account. I get a response back saying they do not do this and blah blah.

So basically I have spent a few hours trying to get a small sum of a few thousand on FTP and only to come away with no progress.

I asked how the "big names" got their money on FTP and did not receive a response..lol.

When a tiny site like Bodog can out do FTP, it really shows how bad FTP is being managed.

The credit card/check card max limits are:
$600/24 hours
$1500/7 days
$2000/30 days

So in two months I will be able to play NL200 [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

I see now why they are second largest site for poker.

cheers
Boon
Old 08-08-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt deposit debacle

You could play 200NL three times on the first day!
Old 08-09-2007, 12:10 AM

where did you go for the moneygrams? I had no problems at my local mexican grocery store, I don't think they even spoke english.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:31 AM

You will be able to bank wire monies to FT if you are looking to play higher limit games and need a large deposit. You should try calling back and ask for a manager and lay off the cursing.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You will be able to bank wire monies to FT if you are looking to play higher limit games and need a large deposit. You should try calling back and ask for a manager and lay off the cursing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. It's not the fault of the guy who is getting paid $5 an hour to answer phone calls that you were not able to make a deposit. Lighten up.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:28 AM

ok so bodog took your credit card

now how will you take money out?

maybe you should call nick and apologize and tell him you want to make a wire transfer and he will help you out
Old 08-09-2007, 07:58 AM

Just remember that this is shrub's fault, not the banks or poker rooms.

His idea of 'land of the free' seems to be 'land of the free to do what the government deigns to allow you to do'.

If you just keep calm and follow the advice here you should be OK.

Then you can save your cursing and tilting for the poker room and become a very popular player.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:37 PM

Wait, why can't you play NL200? Also, why are you a dick?
Old 08-09-2007, 01:11 PM

Awesome post Boon.
Seems like a pretty screwed up deal to me, and it definitely speaks poorly of FTP. I'd think they want our money at their site.
I'm sure you realize cussing out the customer service guy is -ev and I'm really glad you included this info in your OP. It makes for a more interesting and honest read.
Best of luck, stick to your guns.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:59 PM

um try epassporte some day

And ask full tilt to give you the bonus over 2 consecutive deposits.