Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 04:35 AM

Default Re: Cake Poker\'s RNG

All I've ever been told by cake poker is I already have an account, but never what the account info is.

So rigged.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As for how many hands I have actually seen someone with a bigger pocket pair, as I have said, I don't know because I don't have a program to analyze my 22k hands. This is just what I have felt has happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, what sort of responses are you looking for? Other people to say, "Yes, I've had that feeling, too"? Or, "No, I've never felt that"?

I'd bet my boots that there are other players on Cake who feel that almost every time they've received JJ they've won, so they think they should always cap on every street, whatever the board.

Until you go through your 22,000 hands and come back here with facts, talking about what you think you've noticed is mainly a pointless exercise.

And, regrettably, even if you could be bothered to go through your hands, such a relatively small sample won't prove anything, either, to be frank. What has already happened over a "few" past hands doesn't necessarily mean that similar apparent anomalies will occur in the future.

By the way, it would seem sensible for all sites to keep a record of all cards dealt, for audit purposes and for checking their deal is random in the long term. I don't see that this should be "secret" information, (assuming the deal is fair). Why not write to them to ask if they will give you the exact numbers for this error you feel you have discovered - that you feel their RNG stops selecting random cards to deal to other players whenever you receive JJ and picks out QQ or KK or AA and gives them to a random player in your 6-handed game? It will be interesting for all of us to read their reply, (even if they don't give you the figures).
Old 07-29-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Cake is rigged, then it's rigged in my favor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, perhaps, seeing as I'm winnning there, but this is not the issue. You people are really missing the query of this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were winning as big as you say you are then you wouldn't be bitching and complaining about the RNG.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Cake is rigged, then it's rigged in my favor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, perhaps, seeing as I'm winnning there, but this is not the issue. You people are really missing the query of this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were winning as big as you say you are then you wouldn't be bitching and complaining about the RNG.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you weren't so ignorant you'd realize that I'm not bitching or complaining.

$475 > $1,006 15 days, fyp

jackass
Old 07-29-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cake is no more rigged than any other site

[/ QUOTE ]

Well...everyone knows FT is, so I guess Cake is also in that logic

[/ QUOTE ]

could be
Old 07-29-2007, 05:04 PM

Cliff Notes:

OP is a fish who thinks the RNG at Cake is messed up. He thinks this b/c he has a vast database of 20K hands where his JJ keeps running into bigger pairs. He doesn't have any idea of how many times this has actually happened though. He just "knows" that something funny is going on though b/c he can't possibly be having selective memory.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cliff Notes:

OP is a fish who thinks the RNG at Cake is messed up. He thinks this b/c he has a vast database of 20K hands where his JJ keeps running into bigger pairs. He doesn't have any idea of how many times this has actually happened though. He just "knows" that something funny is going on though b/c he can't possibly be having selective memory.

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot "It's the RNG but it's not rigged".
Old 07-29-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But I also believe all RNG's are inherently flawed, because I don't believe a computer program written by a human can truly be 100% random. I think there are still patterns, and Cake's seem to be worse than others. I can't believe how much trouble everyone is having with understanding what I'm saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good RNG's are not flawed. They use some physical events, like thermal noise or mouse moves/clicks/etc. by players as input to the generators. As one example, read a description on

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/features/security/

Even badly written, but honest, random generators won't produce JJ facing higher pairs more often than it should be. 22K hands is a small sample to reach a conclusion about this scenario, but it's large enough to raise a suspicion. So what you really need to do, as other posters suggested, is to ask some friend to write a trivial program to parse your hands and post specific statistics on how many hands you had JJ or QQ and how many times somebody had a higher pair in these hands. You can even do this manually in about an hour using a simple program like notepad.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:10 PM

Here is a link that explains the problems with software based RNGs. Pokerstars and UB use a hardware based solution where as cake poker and most other poker sites do not.

http://www.cigital.com/papers/downlo...r_gambling.php

Maybe in the future, all poker sites will use hardware based RNGs.

cheers
Boon
Old 07-29-2007, 06:54 PM

OP, they call them "suicide jacks" for a good reason.

End of discussion.