Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 04:16 PM

Default good call down or spew? NLTRN

$11 NLTRN. Villain has a break-even sharkscope over 160 games. (I mean...I didn't use Sharkscope...[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] ) He hasn't done anything out of the ordinary, but I can't really provide reads this early. Thoughts?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button (t1585)
Hero (t1415)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t90</font>, Hero calls t60.

Flop: (t180) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t120</font>, Hero calls t120.

Turn: (t420) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t270</font>, Hero calls t270.

River: (t960) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t1105 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls t935 (All-In).

Final Pot: t2830
Old 09-16-2007, 04:17 PM

Default Re: good call down or spew? NLTRN

I really don't see why you'd call down here readless. I think that's very spewy. Early in the match, I usually just fold this preflop OOP.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:18 PM

Thats like post new years eve spew.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:26 PM

Just in my opinion, although I did not have much read at all on this particular villain, I tend to see a lot of villains take this triple barrell approach with complete air more often than a solid hand. I mean, doesn't he slow down with almost any pretty good hand after I call him on every street? I figured on the turn and river there's a lot of hands that If he felt he was good he would just want to go to show down. Otherwise, against a lot of opponents I've had at these stakes and the $6's, this is a bluff often. Has anyone else ran into that sort of situation?
Old 09-16-2007, 04:30 PM

I mean - he can have an overpair, TP, a lot of hands he would play the same way. Maybe you made the right play, but it wasn't based on some rational decision we could make here - maybe you were in the zone and you felt you were ahead, so you made the call.