Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Headphones!!!

I'm the same way, it drives me completely insane that they never stay in.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:05 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

Hey guys,

Sorry I was gone(completely my fault, plz no more discussion) so long. I will now again available to answer questions and so forth. Also I bought a new stereo while I was gone, so I will do a photo tour of it this weekend I think.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:00 PM

WB!

Thought you got banned or something. lol
Old 10-12-2007, 07:08 PM

Hey PITTM - I'm thinking about getting a new DAC for my laptop

check this out - http://www.firestoneaudio.com.au/pro.../fubarIII.html

Looks to be a decent and relatively cheap option as I can't afford a Wavelength Brick USB DAC right now. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2007, 04:20 AM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
Hey PITTM - I'm thinking about getting a new DAC for my laptop

check this out - http://www.firestoneaudio.com.au/pro.../fubarIII.html

Looks to be a decent and relatively cheap option as I can't afford a Wavelength Brick USB DAC right now. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I have heard lots about the FUBAR. Lots of people like it and it seems super well priced. It really depends on what youre going to use it for though. I mean if youre using it portably you have to make sure you have something with an usb out, which is super rare for a portable player. If youre using it in your home stereo you face the problem of the fact that the signal from your DAC is going to be amplified by its internal headphone amp and wont sound very good if you hook it up to your stereo. Again, the key factor to whether its good for YOU(we know it is relatively good). And to know this I would have to know how you would be using it.

wrt DAC's in general, I am deciding if i want to sell my headroom microdac and buy the new headroom product: HEADROOM ULTRA MICRO DAC. I would sell my microdac for like 250 and buy the ultra micro for 699. At this point, totally not worth it IMO, but if it drops to 500 I am jumping on that motha. I have already heard from many that its the best DAC under 1500, and I believe it, Headroom is an amazing company.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:13 PM

I would actually be using it from Laptop - usb cable - the dac - integrated amp - speakers. I think it's fine for that till I can get a better DAC. Might also consider the Scott Nixon tubed USB DAC or UFO thingy.

Not sure about that Headroom Ultra Micro DAC - does that really outperform Ray Samuels The Hornet??? (you are using for headphone and portable listening correct???
Old 10-14-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would actually be using it from Laptop - usb cable - the dac - integrated amp - speakers. I think it's fine for that till I can get a better DAC. Might also consider the Scott Nixon tubed USB DAC or UFO thingy.

Not sure about that Headroom Ultra Micro DAC - does that really outperform Ray Samuels The Hornet??? (you are using for headphone and portable listening correct???

[/ QUOTE ]

The microdac and the hornet are 2 different products. the microdac is a DAC, the hornet is a headphone amp. This product youre looking at just manages to have both in the same box.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:37 AM

aha - thanks for clarifying. Well - for me - soon - portable will be some sweet Ultimate Ears with the Hornet - home rig hopefully one day will be USB - to a Gordon Rankin product(the Foobar one will be a cheap solution in the meantime)- to sweet big rig.

cheers

I love audio.....
Old 10-16-2007, 12:39 PM

RJ,

No questions. I would just like to say that everything you're currently rocking - title, loc, and avatar - is pretty hilarious.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:45 PM

Hi PittM, thank you for lending your expertise here. Costco near my house has V-Moda Vibe earbuds for $73. I know nothing about headphones (but bought Sennheiser 555's after your glowing endorsement of the company) so i was wondering if you had any impressions/experiences w/ these?

I would be using the earbuds to listen to my MP3 player.

tia!