Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2006, 09:43 AM

Default I have never done this. Should I?

unimaginative opponent, can make lay downs.

3/6 4 handed.

villain raises utg. I have A3o in BB and call. Pot on flop 4.33 SB. flop KT4 2 clubs. I donk, because this play is profitable if villain folds on flop more than 19%...

thoughts? actually this is a hand my reviewee played.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:00 AM

Default Re: I have never done this. Should I?

PF call is bad.

Flop play is bad because almost everything he raises on the flop will continue to at least the turn.

I think you may fold 77/88/99 this way, not really sure what else you would fold.

True
Old 07-18-2006, 10:07 AM

I think this is ok. I don't think I would take this line with any hand, but at least with Ace rag there is a chance that you are ahead here, plus the chance that he folds, I think this is a good play.

I never play this way, but I think I might start.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PF call is bad.

Flop play is bad because almost everything he raises on the flop will continue to at least the turn.

I think you may fold 77/88/99 this way, not really sure what else you would fold.

True

[/ QUOTE ]

PF call is not bad. Im not 3-betting this hand, ru? Folding would be a mistake as well, getting 3.33-1 and with a very strong chance to be ahead of a button raiser.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is ok. I don't think I would take this line with any hand, but at least with Ace rag there is a chance that you are ahead here, plus the chance that he folds, I think this is a good play.

[/ QUOTE ]

A3 is ahead of nothing in my raising range from UTG apart from JQs which is 4 combinations.

True
Old 07-18-2006, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A3 is ahead of nothing in my raising range from UTG apart from JQs which is 4 combinations.

True

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops, misread the hand, thought the raise was coming from the button. I fold this 4 handed or more.

Is your raising range really that tight 4-handed?
Old 07-18-2006, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Whoops, misread the hand, thought the raise was coming from the button. I fold 4 handed or more.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry misread OP, thought 6 handed. I don't like 4 handed being called "UTG" should still be called CO.

you are ahead of K9s, Q9s, JQ, some A-x may fold aswell. I like it more now, I still think PF slightly loose.

True
Old 07-18-2006, 10:16 AM

It is 4 handed. The OP didn't say much about the villain except that he could fold so I would expect him to fold a lot of missed aces or low pockets he raised pre. Maybe I expect too much of people. I think it is fine if the OP doesn't go overboard and bet every flop he misses.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Whoops, misread the hand, thought the raise was coming from the button. I fold 4 handed or more.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry misread OP, thought 6 handed. I don't like 4 handed being called "UTG" should still be called CO.

you are ahead of K9s, Q9s, JQ, some A-x may fold aswell. I like it more now, I still think PF slightly loose.

True

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.

Preflop is slightly looser than I would defend with without a read but it is not bad by any means necessarily. Flop bet is not good IMO. Think of what he'll fold immediately on the flop (basically 89s-type stuff). I highly doubt he folds 99 and it may even take a bet on all streets to get him to fold A9. Also he can call and raise your follow-up on the turn, etc. I just checkfold on this board.