Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 04:05 AM

Default observed hand in Foxwoods 20/40, turn confusion

hi guys, i was waiting for my name to be called tonight for the 20 game so i was sweating the table. the following hand came up and i wanted to know what you guys think of everyone's play, especially the turn.

3 limps, sb completes, known expert 2p2er raises BB, all call. 5 to the flop of

A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
sb checks, 2p2 bets, 3 calls, sb folds.

turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
2p2 bets, 1 fold, young taggy kid raises, old indian dude 3bets, 2p2 caps, taggy kid folds, indian calls.

river 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2p2er bets, indian calls.

2p2er shows kj of spades, indian flashes a lower flush and mucks, taggy kid flips his [censored] saying he folded 44 and seemed believable.

how did everyone play this and what do you guys think?
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], nina
Old 10-03-2007, 04:16 AM

Default Re: observed hand in Foxwoods 20/40, turn confusion

444's play is terrible on the flop when he will get tons of action and charge draws simultaneously. He is a TAGfish.

BB has a flush a large majority of the time once he caps. Even though the only flushes he should have are KJs and JTs (T9s/J9s/KTs discounted), AA and QQ are severely discounted once he caps. 444 should call getting 17:2 to hit his 10-outer with implied.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:10 AM

Not raising a set on that flop is blasphemous. Folding it on the turn is almost as bad, as it's much more likely he's against multiple flushes than a higher set given flop action.

2 + 2'er played it expertly throughout. Only interesting spot might be if he's raised on river.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:39 AM

hate the way 44 played it. would love to know who it was.

old indian dude should fold the river.

KJ played it perfectly.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:22 PM

Turn was T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
River was T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

2+2 Kid showed a Royal Flush.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:54 PM

hah, first of all that was me with 44... and the details of the hand are way off.

actual action in the hand went as follows. UTG and UTG+1 limp, 1 fold, I limp 44, VJ (Indian guy) limps right behind me, SB completes, 2p2 kid raises BB, we all call.

flop A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, 2p2 bets, UTG calls, I call, VJ calls, SB folds.

Turn T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2p2 bets, UTG folds, I raise, VJ 3 bets, 2p2 caps, and I marvel at what a normally sick spot it is for about 15 seconds before I make what is a pretty standard fold against him.

River T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], bet, call... and 2p2 tables K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for what is known as a royal flush while VJ shows 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

maybe that clears up some of your confusion as there's a pretty big difference between a 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] turn and a T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] turn in that spot, lol.

also, pretty sure I didn't "flip my [censored]", lol, unless that's what you call laughing a little bit and telling my friend sitting across from me at the table what I folded.

so I'll let you guys discuss it now that you know what really happened in the hand... but let me just say that before you look at a play which is obviously non-standard and critique it for being just that, you might want to think a little further about the implications of risk/reward, saving bets, hand ranges, turning your hand face up against a good player, extracting value from weaker spots, etc. 1 or 2 of those concepts may have been going through my head at the time. Personally, I think I played my hand pretty well.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:58 PM

Edit: Flop/turn is expert, I have changed my mind. NH.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:07 AM

thanks ben. i'm curious to know who the 2p2er with the royal flush was. nina?