Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 06:28 PM

Default Yes that river card was truly excellent THANK U (NL50 Flopped nuts)

Villain is a buddylisted uberdonkey. Stats are like 44/8/2.8 - Notes say "extremely loose postflop both betting and calling, terrible, atc". I know the turn bet looks small, but I wanted to either get a call or induce a push from SB. Still, I dont think that the turn bet size is bad, just a tad small.

Party Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.25/$0.50 Blinds
5 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter

<font color="black">SB: $28.11</font>
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $67.53</font>
UTG: $75.22
<font color="black">CO: $53.35</font>
BTN: $50.70

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, CO calls $0.50, BTN folds, SB calls $0.25, Hero checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($1.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, CO calls $2.50, SB calls $2

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($9) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $6</font>, CO calls $6, SB folds

<font color="black">River:</font> ($21) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)

Hero....
Old 04-12-2007, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Yes that river card was truly excellent THANK U (NL50 Flopped nuts

B/f or C/c depending on villain i think
Old 04-12-2007, 06:38 PM

i check call here. villian looks semi aggro and if he missed a straight draw he is obv foldin to our river bet. c/c can induce this to bluff and i cant see him callin tha river bet with a ton we beat and he is obv not foldin n e thing that beats us.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:14 PM

I go $3 on flop, but not sure it makes any difference. (I like Milller and Sklansky's "when in doubt bet a bit too much rather than a bit too little").

I think Kaz is right: Villain's calling range is narrower than his betting range and mainly consists of hands that beat us, and his betting range includes plenty of hands we beat that won't call a bet.

But I guess there is one main problem with this: if we check and he asks us a question for our stack, we probably have to fold, perhaps the better hand.

I guess the answer is that if we don't think he will push-bluff, but may stab-bluff, then c/c &gt; bet/whatever.

I also think there's a pot control issue here (ok, I know we are OOP and you can't control pot OOP blah blah). But I think we can limit damage by not betting. I think the amount of value we are giving up by not betting is meh.

Also (this may sound glib, but I think it's important): we are OOP with 78o in an unraised pot. This will look horrible in session review later if you lose half a stack here. Ed Miller says in a fantastic article that small decisions become easier if you step back and look at the big picture. In this case, the big picture is OOP/78o/unraised pot. That makes me want to keep this river under as much control as possible.

So I check/call modest bet.