Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 10:16 AM

Default Weaksauce Hand at the Woods

20-40

Villians in this hand are AAR (Awful Asian Regular) and Cricket.

AAR will limp with any 2 connected cards. His pre-flop raising standards are pretty ABC though. If he bets post flop he usually has the goods and has a horrible betting tell with his hands when he has bumpkiss.

Cricket is some Foxwoods regular that I am not familiar with because I am a stud-convert. It sounds like he is awful. He has done a big amount of cold calling pre-flop and on the flop and on the turn . . .. and on the river in the 15 minutes he has been here. The only hand he has shown so far is a rivere flush where he cold called all the way down with a high flush draw that he should have raised. He bet when checked to on the river.

Hands in Question:

AAR limps in middle position, 2 calls, Cricket calls on the button, I complete in SB with J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Floperific: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, BB checks, AAR checks, 2 more checks, Cricket bets, I call, BV folds, AAR raises, 2 folds, Cricket calls, I call.

AAR is pretty strong here. He has 2 pair, or a made straight a lot of the time. There is an outside chance that he is trying to pump a flush draw.

Turn 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, AAR calls, Cricket calls, I call.

AAR is not double-barrelling a flush draw. So I think he has top 2 or the straight.

River 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, AAR checks, Cricket bets, I call

Hateration?? I think I should have bet the river, yeah i should have bet the river.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Weaksauce Hand at the Woods

I wish I knew who cricket is. but yeah I would bet the river. also I would have bet the flop.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wish I knew who cricket is. but yeah I would bet the river. also I would have bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i pretty much always bet the flop w/ this hand. unless you're up against a monster - set/2pair/flopped straight, you've got a ton of equity in this spot. the only drawing hand that is drawing that down is a flush draw, bet. it's great when 9x raises this flop

fwiw, I think you're pretty much beat on the river a ton of the time but you gotta call w/ the size of the pot.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:24 PM

I'd bet the flop and bet the river. On the flop you could potentially have as many as 14 outs (although realistically it's probably 10ish).

On the river, I don't know why you think your straight isn't good - you've already put AAR on not having the flush and if cricket has already made lots of cold-calls in the 15 minutes that you've played with him, then his range here is much wider than just a club draw. I'd bet the river and call a raise.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:28 PM

I agree that the river was bad. I had too many things going through my head. IF AAG bet, I would have check-raised. At the time, I felt as though I couldn't bet/call if I got raised.

Im still thinking about the flop. Its 2 suited and there are 5 other players.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:33 PM

I bet the flop and the river.

Why does everything our hand won't be good at showdown? I B/C the river and expect to win most of the time.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At the time, I felt as though I couldn't bet/call if I got raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe "awful" in your game isn't as bad as "awful" in mine, but I would happily call the raise and still expect to win a reasonable amount of the time. A truly awful player might raise the river with a bare 6 (or especially with 6T).

[ QUOTE ]
Im still thinking about the flop. Its 2 suited and there are 5 other players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if the straight is your only out, you get value on the bet if 3 other players call, plus you disguise your hand a bit and should get a little extra action if you hit.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

yeah, i pretty much always bet the flop w/ this hand. unless you're up against a monster - set/2pair/flopped straight, you've got a ton of equity in this spot. the only drawing hand that is drawing that down is a flush draw, bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly. It would be an awkward decision on the turn here.

[ QUOTE ]

it's great when 9x raises this flop

[/ QUOTE ]

A hand like J9? Why?
Old 04-11-2007, 03:56 PM

Bet this flop but once you checked and bet is coming from the button check raising is way better then calling. Also you need to bet this river. With river card being as scary as it was TPTK ot even 2 pair will check a lot of times but will call your bet pretty much every time.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:00 PM

They are awful but not super aggro. I think anything but a flush just calls my river donk after the flush and straight card hits.