Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Re: pay off?

Wouldnt the BB fold the flop here with AQ? Your hand almost for surely looks like AQ or AK, which is not good news for his hand.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldnt the BB fold the flop here with AQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my assumption.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wouldnt the BB fold the flop here with AQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my assumption.

[/ QUOTE ]

Closing the action, esp with a Qs in his hand, he may not. Especially if he plays a lot online.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:30 AM

Well descriping UTG as "spazz" confuses the handreading process for the readers. We can't range UTG accuratly or what his donk is likely to mean. Without this information it's hard to get into the leveling process of the BB. We obviously know where PB is in the hand but what BB is thinking/ranging after PB turn call is going to be hard for us to judge.

I don't think BB shows up at this river with a Kx hand or 88. As was mentioned I think A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is on the top of the list. AJ is another canidate. Even if we didn't discount QQ we are still better than 50% to make this call and I definalty think BB would make this move with AJ unless he know UTG would never donk the flop with less than trips.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:26 PM

Any chance he has Q-10 of spades and played it passively because of the paired board and your rock tight image?

Don't see how he peels this flop with a naked A-Q.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any chance he has Q-10 of spades and played it passively because of the paired board and your rock tight image?

[/ QUOTE ]

This sentence may be one of the more absurd I have read in ages.

If I have this "rock tight image", why the hell would he ever have QTs in a gazillion [censored] years in this spot?!?!?!?!!?
Old 11-24-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This sentence may be one of the more absurd I have read in ages.

If I have this "rock tight image", why the hell would he ever have QTs in a gazillion [censored] years in this spot?!?!?!?!!?

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the sentence where you called on the river?

Calling PF getting 7.5:2 with QTs ain't that bad even if you are the rockyest rock ever to ROCK!
Old 11-24-2007, 03:27 PM

PokerBob--

I also think you have to raise this flop. Even if you get threebet a lot (which for whatever it's worth I doubt is true). Honestly, between this and the AcTc thread and various other threads, it seems like you try way too hard to save fractions of bets when pots are on the line.

For whatever it's worth, if you get threebet, think about fourbetting. I never have a good sense of what your Villains are all about, but a lot of guys will give a free card to a fourbet way way more than they threebet/check, and sometimes you'll pick up some sort of physical read, or scare card, that will let you steal the pot on the turn. Again, this all depends on raising the flop being mandatory; I'm taking that as a given. Obviously I don't put in the raise hoping to fourbet or anything; sometimes it's just the best way to go after you get threebet. Anyway, finding extra places to steal medium-sized pots from stuff like TT, and getting live hands to make bad turn folds, in spots like this is IMO a big part of limit hold'em, especially live limit hold'em.

--Nate
Old 11-25-2007, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Calling PF getting 7.5:2 with QTs ain't that bad even if you are the rockyest rock ever to ROCK!

[/ QUOTE ]

it is very very very bad.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:21 PM

You have to call it down here.