View Poll Results: What would you do with AA here
All-in 7 43.75%
Fold 8 50.00%
Call 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 11:49 PM

Default Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

I'm thinking about heading over there next month. I'm gonna pick up a ticket for a month stay, any idea how much United will ding me for if I decide to stay for an extra month or two?
Old 05-16-2007, 09:28 PM

This is borderline dumb. Tickets from BA to Bangkok are $2,000. Anyone got better suggestions? Best I can do is take a roundtrip to Sydney, spend a week or two in Austrlia, then take a roundtrip from Sydney to Bangkok and travel around Thailand for a few weeks. Total is $2,600 for this option or $2,000 for the direct roundtrip from BsAs. I think the extra $600 is worth some time in Australia as much as I hate to take time off from work, but I'd really prefer some cheaper option out there somewhere.

Any help?
Old 05-17-2007, 06:08 AM

Can you get a decent price on a ticket to LA/San Fran/Vegas? From there you can go round trip to BKK for $6-700. Check out seemythailand.com for cheap flight info.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:13 AM

I was just watching BBC World and right as they started running a story about Thaksin, the channel went off the air because of "technical problems." Wow.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was just watching BBC World and right as they started running a story about Thaksin, the channel went off the air because of "technical problems." Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

You in BKK yet? How was Laos?

PS The laundry lady said you went 26 items over....
LOL You finally reversed the farang ripoff :P
Old 05-18-2007, 01:53 PM

I'm still in Vientiane. I think I'm going to stay another week or so in Laos. I really like the city--it's like some weird alternate universe Paris where the student demonstrations of '68 were successful in overthrowing the government and the ensuing communist government destroyed the economy. Everything is ludicrously cheap even by Thailand standards. I've had some kind of stomach bug the last few days and feel like crap. I'm going to have a full physical when I get to bkk to make sure I don't have parasites or anything. I'll post a trip report and pics at some point.

Any more crazy chicks show up wanting to cut my dick off?
Old 05-18-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any more crazy chicks show up wanting to cut my dick off?

[/ QUOTE ]

If by chicks you mean Katoeys, then yes. If by chicks you mean womens, then no. :P
Old 05-18-2007, 09:38 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm leaving for Thailand in about a month, and I'll be staying for a few days in Bangkok then heading down south stopping in Krabi then going to Koh Samui and Koh Tao. Gonna be there 6 weeks all in all. Anyways, I'm budgeting about $1600 for the stay, so I'll be staying in some pos hotels with what I'm assuming to be nonexistent security. So, how should I take care of my stuff (especially my passport and money). I'm planning on just carrying my backpack around, but if I want to swim or party that's probly not going to work. What do you guys suggest?
Old 05-18-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hello everyone,

I'm leaving for Thailand in about a month, and I'll be staying for a few days in Bangkok then heading down south stopping in Krabi then going to Koh Samui and Koh Tao. Gonna be there 6 weeks all in all. Anyways, I'm budgeting about $1600 for the stay, so I'll be staying in some pos hotels with what I'm assuming to be nonexistent security. So, how should I take care of my stuff (especially my passport and money). I'm planning on just carrying my backpack around, but if I want to swim or party that's probly not going to work. What do you guys suggest?

[/ QUOTE ]

we just left these things in our rooms for the most part and didn't have any trouble, but i think that most places have safes or somewhere where they can put them away for you.

edit: can i suggest skipping koh samui and just going to ko phangan instead.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hello everyone,

[/ QUOTE ]

we just left these things in our rooms for the most part and didn't have any trouble, but i think that most places have safes or somewhere where they can put them away for you.

edit: can i suggest skipping koh samui and just going to ko phangan instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep I picked Samui at random. But if Koh Phangan is better I'll definitely go there. Why do you think it is better? Also, how's Koh Phangan on the backpacker budget (compared to koh samui and koh tao)?

edit: skier, did you go to Chiang Mai? worth the trip?
Closed Thread