Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2006, 05:42 PM

Default FOLEY: Did anyone hear the vote to send to ethics??

Ok, I've been looking for a place to post this, but decided just to make a thread.

Following the "Port Security" vote did anyone see what happened next in regards to Foley??

This is from memmory, so forgive me, but, what I saw went like this...

- Barbara Boxer stood up and requested that the 'Foley situation' be sent to the Ethic Committee for review.

- The Speaker then called for a voice vote.

- During the voice vote, many voices could be heard voting 'Nay'.

- Barbara got pissed and requested a recorded vote.

- A recorded vote took place in which 100% of the votes where 'Yea'.

WTF. Some of these idiots actually stood up (or behind someone) and yelled 'Nay' to sending this scumbag to Ethics?? Of course, when the time came that you had to put your name next to the vote, none of the Nay'ers could be found...Sighhhhhh

Did anyone else see this?

The reason I bring this up is because right now, in my wifes home town of Shanghai, China, the 'City Boss' has been removed due to corruption charges and she seemed very 'on-edge' about who the future Boss would be.

When I asked why, she explained to me how in China, since it is of course a communist state, when a leader is replaced, you never really know what you are going to get. It is basically some guy within the party who is receiving a promotion and will now 'run your city', so many get nervous, especially in Shanghai where the society is much more 'open' then in other parts of the country.

So I gave her the above example to her of how our government can also be or seem corrupt.

Keep in mind that she was of course raised in a communist country, but...

...her jaw dropped in surprise.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:21 AM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: FOLEY: Did anyone hear the vote to send to ethics??

i called barbara boxer's office before the vote and one of her aides told me she would be voting yes on the port security act. did she not do so? it seems like a no vote on the bill would have been a good supplement for the author being sent to the ethics committee.

rj
Old 10-06-2006, 05:01 AM

Default Re: FOLEY: Did anyone hear the vote to send to ethics??

The vast majority of legislative seats are never in any danger of the incumbant losing. And when someone leaves office, barring the less than 5% of the time they actually lose the election, their successor is annointed by The Party, inserted onto the ballot, and all procedes as normal.