Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 06:43 AM

Default Re: Ron Paul Raises Over 5 Million In 3rd QTR

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, maybe I should have said "big/important" issues. Ron Paul aims to lower takes, abolish IRS and federal income tax, he is against gun-control and is pro-life. Im pretty sure MoveOn have no interest in being affiliated with someone with these stands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm... what? You think the War on Drugs isn't a big/important issue? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2007, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://blog.ronpaul2008.com/ron_paul...release-t.html

I know a lot of posters here will be very happy. It looks like he will have outraised everyone not in the top tier, easily beating Huckabee, Tancredo, Hunter etc. Im not a Paul supporter, but this is obviously very good for his campaign. They can use this to build a real organization on the ground in IA and NH. It will be interesting to see if he can translate this into success elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good news for Paul supporters. He's no long a third-tier candidate. More like a distant second-tier one [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He'll have decent enough funds to make his stand in NH. A good showing there gives him a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl. You must chase the idiot end of straights with a flushed board and unfavorable odds, too.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He'll have decent enough funds to make his stand in NH. A good showing there gives him a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl. You must chase the idiot end of straights with a flushed board and unfavorable odds, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're telling me there's a chance? I read ya.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You must chase the idiot end of straights with a flushed board.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the pot odds are right.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Uhm... what? You think the War on Drugs isn't a big/important issue? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I made a quick comment just to try to explein how radically different Ron Paul and MoveOn are, and I assumed that that was how people would understand the comment. I have to admit that I did not go through all of their positions on various issues, but I know how fundamentally different they are in their views on how to lead the country.

But good job, you found an issue where Ron Paul agree on. But surely you understood that the point off my post was to just clarify that the differences between MoveOn stands and Ron Paul stands are enormous? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You must chase the idiot end of straights with a flushed board.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the pot odds are right.

[/ QUOTE ]

implied odds
Old 10-04-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have a link to where a non US citizen can donate $ to his campaign ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that's not allowed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't he do a funds transfer to a U.S. friend he trusts then have that person donate to Ron Paul?
Old 10-04-2007, 06:50 PM

VERY favorable little tidbit just appeared on "Tucker" on MSNBC. They mentioned his $5 mil, and talked about how he only has $5.2 on hand and that he returns everything he doesn't spend or something (sort of missed that part).

Then they talked about him having enough of an impact that he might be a spoiler in Iowa, and Tucker referred to him as "the real thing" and said he admired him.

I used to think Tucker Carlson was a dickbag when he was on Crossfire, but I've been watching him recently and I think he is maybe the most palatable cable news person out there. His show focuses more on the "politics of politics" than on the knee-jerky stuff. I'll try to dig up the youtube clip later, if it appears. Nothing too special, but this is the second day in a row Tucker talked about him. And that's pretty cool.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have a link to where a non US citizen can donate $ to his campaign ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that's not allowed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't he do a funds transfer to a U.S. friend he trusts then have that person donate to Ron Paul?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, see that's like illegal too. I guess you won't get in trouble if you don't get caught, but then again that goes for everything illegal.