Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 11-30-2007, 06:24 PM

Default 200NL: Routine spot...line check

This is a pretty common spot, but I wasn't sure about my turn play here.

Villian is 17/5/4.5 (st by st AF is 5.5/3.5/2.6) TAG. I've got 2k hands on him although I wouldn't say we've got much history between us...nothing that I'd consider memorable.

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

MP1: $192.70
MP2: $142.55
Hero (CO): $196
BTN: $312.35
SB: $198.25
BB: $81
UTG: $212.60
UTG+1: $210.80
UTG+2: $379.80

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG calls $2, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to $9</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls $9, 3 folds, UTG calls $7

Flop: ($30) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $25</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $25

<font color="blue"> Last to act is great, but it makes my bet look more like a bluff in this instance. I'd bet a Q here to but I don't know if villain knows that. What's his check/calling range? </font>

Turn: ($80) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

<font color="blue"> Is this check standard? Should I be firing again here? The only flush draw I put in his range after the flop action was AKs, although with a couple of overs maybe he crs with that hand. Or maybe not since he's got a lot less equity if I'm holding a Q.</font>

River: ($80) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG+1 bets $48</font>, Hero ???

<font color="blue"> Pretty bad card for me...can I call this bet? If the river is a blank would I call this bet? </font>

Would a big pair (AA/KK) check that flop? At one point I comvinced myself that I should have checked the flop through to make my hand look like less of a bluff but now I think thats retarded...anyone ever use that line in this sort of spot?
Old 11-30-2007, 07:06 PM

Default Re: 200NL: Routine spot...line check

Look at his PF raise, his position, and his river AF, all very conservative. AA-JJ, maybe AKs-AQs? What is he raising PF with here that doesn't beat TT? KJspades is all I can come up with, doubtful he's raising PF with that though. Even if the river is a blank I'm having trouble calling this. I'd probably bet the turn for 50%-75% of pot and fold to a c/r.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:19 PM

fold river
Old 11-30-2007, 09:01 PM

When he calls the flop, I'm done. If I thought he would fold some hands that beat us, I might bet the turn. As far as hand was played, I am folding river