Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 07:27 PM

Default B&M: KK in the BB

4/8 Live, LP table.

UTG is older ATC player who rarely raises anything
UTG+1 is Loose PF, tight Post Flop
MP is Pretty solid player
HJ is new to table
CO is ATC, will cold call anything, any hand
Btn is very loose PF
SB is a weak tightie

UTG limps, UTG1 limps,MP limps,HJ Raises, Co cold calls, Btn cold calls, SB Calls, Hero is in the BB with KK and 3 bets. UTG,UTG1,MP all call, HJ caps, the rest of the table all call the cap including Hero.

Flop comes 7d 9c Jd, SB bets(!!!), Hero raises, UTG Folds, UTG1 Folds, MP calls, HJ calls, CO 3 bets, BTN folds, SB calls, Hero Calls, MP calls, HJ calls.

Turn comes 8h, SB checks, Hero Checks, MP bets, HJ raises, CO 3 bets, SB folds, Hero Folds.

Do anything different? Cap the flop?
Old 05-14-2007, 07:34 PM

Default Re: B&M: KK in the BB

PF-std
Flop-Weak tight betting is certainly scary. Would SB bet a draw? Also do you have the K of d? K of d would make a difference to me. Not sure what ATC means, but CO 3betting is also scary given that they mostly cold call. Pot is big enough that I would call, but I wouldn't cap given the action and the unlikelihood that you will protect your hand or even get a free card with a cap.
Turn-I'd fold to based on your reads.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:51 PM

Hey Richie's Dad.

SB hadn't bet any draw hands yet.
I had Kh Ks.
ATC=Any Two Cards(literally with this guy!)
Old 05-14-2007, 08:22 PM

Thanks for clarifying. I assume that by ATC you mean that they will limp any two cards, not that they will bet or raise any two cards. If so, the SB flop bet is concerning and the CO 3 bet even more so. If nobody is betting a draw, then I guess that you are likely behind two pair, a set, or a straight held by the CO, and may be behind 2 pair held by SB, also you have to duck both straight and flush draws held by the other callers. Makes me wonder if folding to the CO 3bet on the flop would have been the correct move.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:37 PM

Seems standard. You might be behind on the flop, but you're dead as doornails on the turn.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:11 PM

Who doesn't hate releasing a big pair? To me it was a dump on the turn. This is easily a hand that I would have take all the way just because it was KK when I started playing last year. It is how I lost a lot of money when I first started playing LHE live: Not knowing when to dump a big pair in a situation like this one.

PS. This session I got really smacked by the deck PF as in tons of pairs in all sizes, big broadways, med-big suited connectors, suited aces but almost entirely missed every flop save 2-3 of them. Temperature had the potential for climbing!