Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 03:41 PM

Default Ron Paul Fundraising

Found this pretty surprising and figured you guys might be interested:
Ron Paul Fundraising Numbers
Old 10-03-2007, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul Fundraising

that is very good news that he raised that much. the article states that he should be able to be in it for the long haul and that he'll be starting tv commercials this week.

i'll be voting for him in the primary for sure. not because i think he has a chance to be the nominee, but because i want to send a message to the republican party. a message that the libertarian wing of the party -- that is still in favor of conservative fiscal policy and wants government to remain small and out of the personal lives of u.s. citizens -- is larger than expected. if there is enough of a ground swell for paul and his views perhaps in future elections going forward the g.o.p. will start to come back to this view.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Found this pretty surprising and figured you guys might be interested:
Ron Paul Fundraising Numbers

[/ QUOTE ]

We'll know on the 15th when the reports are out in more detail who is in what fincial position. Total rasied numbers are good, but reading the reports will tell you things like how much they spent to raise that amount, how many of their donnors are capped, how much PAC money they took, and what they had left on hand at the end of the quarter.

I would imagine Paul will look good in all these respect, but would be a little concerned that this information wasn't in the campaign Press Release that Real Clear picked up.

D$D<--written a few campaing press releases
Old 10-03-2007, 05:56 PM

Roger, I was just surprised at the total amount raised.

Raising $5 million doesnt do you much good if you are still in debt $2 million. Not that I expect that, but you are quite right that the overall report will tell more. Lord knows why such data wasn't in a release.

<--seen many terrible releases
Old 10-03-2007, 08:47 PM

Because RP has an amateur campaign. He has no gd sense, takes no gd advice, and has no gd strategy other than that enough people wear tin foil hats to raise $5m. He had such an opportunity 6 months ago, maybe he still does, if he just had a good handler and control over his mouth.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because RP has an amateur campaign. He has no gd sense, takes no gd advice, and has no gd strategy other than that enough people wear tin foil hats to raise $5m. He had such an opportunity 6 months ago, maybe he still does, if he just had a good handler and control over his mouth.

[/ QUOTE ]

He does have Some Howard Dean in him....

D$D
Old 10-03-2007, 11:39 PM

Here is a good comparison to show what chance Paul has of being anything other than a sideshow candidate. Thru the 2nd quarter Mitt Romney (the leading fundraiser at that time) had raised $44,432,349. Ron Paul at that time had raised $3,009,996. Rudy G had raised $34,222,701.

To put them all to shame Shillary had raised $63,075,926 with another 19 or 20 million in the 3rd quarter.

Jimbo
Old 10-07-2007, 01:41 AM

I love that man to death.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:42 AM

I like that nickname, Shillary, wish I thought it up.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a good comparison to show what chance Paul has of being anything other than a sideshow candidate. Thru the 2nd quarter Mitt Romney (the leading fundraiser at that time) had raised $44,432,349. Ron Paul at that time had raised $3,009,996. Rudy G had raised $34,222,701.

To put them all to shame Shillary had raised $63,075,926 with another 19 or 20 million in the 3rd quarter.

Jimbo

[/ QUOTE ]

The way I read the releases Shillary had only raised $53 mill total throught the end of the 3rd quarter. $10 mil she transfered from her Senate coffers.

Obama, the poker player, raised almost $75 mil with no transfer and no PAC money. He also has an average donnor amount of $214, if my math is correct. I bet Shillary's is closer to $1k if not above.

D$D
Closed Thread