Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 11:41 AM

Default Re: The Most Hated Family in America - Westboro Church/Cult

I haven't watched the videos but I have read pretty much everything I can find on these people including many of their websites.

Their irrational hate does seem like some giant joke much of the time, primarily because it is just nuts to think someone could be honest promoting the messages they are. Sadly, though I don't think it's the case.

If you ever want to be petrified listen to some of their church services. They have links on their page, which I can't pull up at work.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:32 PM

These people are pretty nuts. I had a run in with them almost 5 years ago when they came to my campus. My roommate and I set up a counter protest that we had some fun with. The idea was if we did something serious, we dignified their circus. If we did nothing, they got the full news story, but if we did something absurd, we highlighted them being a joke. Here is the local paper's write up: http://www.nhregister.com/site/news.cfm?...=7576&rfi=6
Old 11-02-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i wish there were more former marines with sniper rifles sitting on rooftops just to kill these guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it funny I've had this conversation with fellow marines. We have no excuse but laziness
Old 11-02-2007, 05:18 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i wish there were more former marines with sniper rifles sitting on rooftops just to kill these guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it funny I've had this conversation with fellow marines. We have no excuse but laziness

[/ QUOTE ]

It has always seemed like you guys could get away with this really really easy since you have like 800 yards of effective for where you "could" be. and by the time they have an idea youre gone.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) homosexuality is a blatant sin according to scripture (note: many christian denominations still believe the act of homosexuality is a sin)
2) god hates people who actively sin and does not try to repent for their sins and change their ways. -> they are going to hell

I don't really see many holes in their logic in the videos apart from these underlying misinterpretations.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a practicing Christian; but I do have some knowledge of scripture as I was raised in a Christian household. These verses seem to contradict what the hate mongerers are saying-

Matthew 7:1-5 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

John 8:4-9 "They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, <font color="red">He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.</font> And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst."
Old 11-03-2007, 12:30 PM

not sure if it's been posted yet but LOL I think he likes it
Old 11-03-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate this cult as much as the next person, but 12 million for picketing at a funeral seems a little excessive no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Note: I just read the Wikipedia article and didn't watch the videos or anything.

Meh. If someone can win $480,000 for getting a first degree burn because their McDonald's coffee is too hot; I don't see why a family can't be awarded $11,000,000 for something this ridiculous.

Imagine the person you love the most dies fighting for ones country (I'm one of those people who doesn't neccesarily support the war but certainly supports the soldiers). And now at their funeral some [censored] are protesting, with big signs about how God hates America and it was a good thing your loved one died? If they were yelling/chanting during the funeral, I honestly have no idea how the mourners didn't completely lose it and attack them.

I honestly can think of few worse things than disgracing and disrupting a stranger's funeral for a difference of opinions.

I'm on tilt.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:54 AM

this one is better quality than the Google video link

http://best.online.docus.googlepages.com/

I just got done watching it and I want to bang that giggly chick pretty bad (in the butt obv)

Back in 97-98 we used to have these types on our college campus fairly often. Wasn't the same people but close. Basically a family calling all the girls whores and the guys whoremongers. It was always a treat and a bunch of us would skip class when they were out as to not miss all the hijinx that usually surrounded it.

One day it was snowing out and I hit the preacher guy with an ice ball in the chest at about 70mph. I remember thinking for a minute after all the cheering died down, "man, I hope these people aren't actually right".
Old 11-04-2007, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this one is better quality than the Google video link

http://best.online.docus.googlepages.com/

I just got done watching it and I want to bang that giggly chick pretty bad (in the butt obv)

[/ QUOTE ]
I think to get one of those girls to have sex with you would be the ultimate pickup artist achievement.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone keeps saying how dumb and idiotic and illogical these people are, but IMO, they are not being that illogical at all. Can someone explain where their problems with logic come in and how you can refute what they are saying?

In my opinion, it seems like they are only making slight misinterpretations of the bible and then demonstrating those ideas in the worst way possible.

I feel like they only have a few minor flaws with their biblical interpretations:
1) homosexuality is a blatant sin according to scripture (note: many christian denominations still believe the act of homosexuality is a sin)
2) god hates people who actively sin and does not try to repent for their sins and change their ways. -&gt; they are going to hell

I don't really see many holes in their logic in the videos apart from these underlying misinterpretations.

[/ QUOTE ]

What good is logic if it is used for the irrational hatred of every other culture and person in the United States to the point that it inhibits on other peoples rights? I find it hard for credibility to be established, logical or not, for ANY conclusive argument, that cursing at a grieving father would ever have stemmed from a sensible argument.

I say this because logic is irrelevant when it cannot be applied to anyones benefit in any way ever. Its not rational, and it leads to seemingly unstoppable further conflict.

What they do is the same as if a murderer broke into their house, and stabbed one of their daughters, and I walked in, and stood over her perishing body, and as she died I said "you're about to die because you secretly love gays". logical? rational?