Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 08:14 AM

Default AKs turn/ river play

Villian is 26/3/.7 over 160 hands

Full Tilt 0.25/0.5 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero ?

Do you reraise turn, wait until river or call down?
Old 09-25-2007, 08:22 AM

Default Re: AKs turn/ river play

I dont think a 26/3 guy calls 4x in the SB vs a raise very often. I would expect him to have AT, KTs, QTs, JTs, T9s and pocket pairs a lot here.

So yeah I think you can go ahead and raise it.

If he 3-bets it sucks and you can go ahead and fold I guess. Altho you do have 2 outs vs 4x and 3 outs plus 2 chop outs vs KT. Hmmm.... Dunno!
Old 09-25-2007, 08:30 AM

Just because a guy is tight doesn't mean he won't cold call A4s or K4s. A4s is even standard for most TAGs. However, he still probably has a Ten but after 160 hands you don't know how he plays postflop so I prefer just getting to the SD. But if a club or another broadway hits on the river then I like raising it because trips is less likely to 3bet.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:31 AM

I was thinking the same thing. Would it be better to wait until the river to raise it as my holecards are pretty much face up if i raise turn(kj+ and maybe misclicked a4s)? This is ment as a more generel question as villian probably does not handread!
Old 09-25-2007, 08:36 AM

It would be a lot easier for hero to raise/fold the river than to raise/fold the turn.

But if he doesnt call a raise with Tx or a pp it doesnt matter. You wont get value then.

The same applies to the turn. It can only be a raise if he calls with Tx and pp's. If he doesnt you should just call and let him fire away.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:37 AM

As long as you are capable of raising AT and JJ+ on the turn here, I do not think it turns your hand face up.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As long as you are capable of raising AT and JJ+ on the turn here, I do not think it turns your hand face up.

[/ QUOTE ]

i will always reraise those hands on the flop.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:41 AM

I think I call. Villain is likely to fold most hand we beat and will probably 3-bet if he has a monster. If we raise we probably must fold to a 3-bet. I don't think giving a cheap card can hurt us very much if ahead so I call turn and call river if he bets and bet river if checked to. Close thou...
Old 09-25-2007, 11:04 AM

I would just call
a T is more likely than a 4 based on hand combinations, but this guy may not be c/r lots of Ts here
also he may not pay off a raise and river bet since your hand is pretty transparent

vs a LAG I would raise
if the pot was multiway I would raise