Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2006, 12:42 PM

Default Re: i just quit WoW: huge relief

[ QUOTE ]
IM IN UR AKOUNTS SHARDING UR PURPLEZ

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

NOT ANYMORE. DISENCHANTING NERF FTW BIATCH.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:58 PM

20hrs on any video game a week is weak sauce, I did 40-60 for a few months on CS 1.5
Old 12-25-2006, 01:54 PM

I was co leader of an end game guild 20 hours a week is nothing. I finally quit because it felt like working a full time job + overtime. Raids were 5pm-whenever normally 11 or midnight 7 nights a week. Then there was also the administrative dkp stuff and recruiting and general guild moral outside raiding stuff. I think at my peak I was putting in 80+ hours a week at WoW or WoW related activities. I look back and am amazed at how much this game cost me in just opportunity cost alone.
Old 12-25-2006, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
other way around for me, I actually resubbed because of 2.0 and omgfreeGMweapons, probably the best change they ever made and it made the game fun for me and a lot of other people. I just played in an awesome pug av alliance (us) vs 20-25 horde who sploit queued with stinkyqueue and after a big turtle fight at sp and a big open field battle around fw we pushed them back and won with vanndar at 25%. I somehow tanked 3 wms while getting nuked by the horde and the puggies kept me up. One of the best bgs I've played in.

[/ QUOTE ]

heals in a pug av?

SCREENSHOTS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

fwiw, the '30%' honor nerf got me to quit again. I was like 2 days from gm mace on my druid and after the nerf it went to 4. Since i also wanted to epix out my mage a bit it just wasn't worth grinding at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

SPEAK ENGLISH PLEZE OKTHX
Old 12-25-2006, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pros: Healthy sex life with girlfriend will resume.

Cons: I won't spend 20+ hours a week playing the most addicting game ever anymore.

I'm really glad I quit and I advise everyone to do the same. Stick to GH2 and Diablo 3 when it comes out, MMORPGs are the devil!!

Fox out, Merry Christmas all!

[/ QUOTE ]
you'll be back. a friend of mine has said he's quitting multiple times and he cant. thank god i never got into this crap
Old 12-25-2006, 04:22 PM

Gary,

it's not really as addicting as people say it is, just give it a shot. you know how people swear blood on the wall saying they believe they can fly. in this game, you can fly.

[ QUOTE ]
10-day free trail. don't be afraid.........

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-25-2006, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pros: Healthy sex life with girlfriend will resume.

Cons: Girlfriend is almost certainly hideous

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-25-2006, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
other way around for me, I actually resubbed because of 2.0 and omgfreeGMweapons, probably the best change they ever made and it made the game fun for me and a lot of other people. I just played in an awesome pug av alliance (us) vs 20-25 horde who sploit queued with stinkyqueue and after a big turtle fight at sp and a big open field battle around fw we pushed them back and won with vanndar at 25%. I somehow tanked 3 wms while getting nuked by the horde and the puggies kept me up. One of the best bgs I've played in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I spent the last 3 days losing AV. Retarded Alliance could win in 15 mins going on O but half their team turtles SH/SP every other game and it takes 30 mins instead.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
IF diablo 3 is made, it is a long ways away, there was talk of it years ago and blizzard is known for being late with things. With that said, how can you not want to play the burning crusade?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure this is his motivation for quitting.

If he continued to play (renewed his subcription) he'd definitely be forced into buying the expansion, which would then force him to continue playing until level 70 (apparently takes as much time as getting from 1-60).

Once he got to level 70, he'd obviously have to stick around to get his flying mount, then once he had that he would have to check out the new areas only accessible by flying mount.. and then... blah blah blah next expansion .... lvl 80... new space mount with r2d2 bot... blah blah...

Downward spiral!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's how I was with Everquest. Started a couple years later than some of my friends and "had" to catch up. Eventually I was in the top 10 in hp for my class on the server; realized it was dumb and quit one day.

At least you only played 20 hours a week. I was putting in ~40 my freshman year of high school (while school was in). I refuse to play WoW.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:29 PM

my roomate plays from what I hear a similar game called runescape. he says he likes it better. he also enjoys poker and i tell him all the time if he spent that much time playing poker and grinding out a bankroll it would be so beneficial. he told me his estimate of time he said he thought he spent playing the game in his life and i almost [censored] myself. seems like such a waste of time to me.

G