Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 05-17-2007, 01:21 AM

Default NL10 - Overpair w/ Deeeeep Stacks

Villain seemed pretty solid, but no stats since I'm on a Mac...

Is the flop raise too small? I'm thinking a raise to $2.00 might have been better? And what about the turn and river? I'm thinking he's pretty strong after he leads out again on the turn, but can I fold QQ here? Or do you like my plan to call on the turn and check/fold unimproved on the river?

Thanks in advance...

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $21.45
BB: $4.60
UTG: $5.90
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $19.65</font>
BTN: $24.30

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $0.35, BB folds
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to Hero

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($0.90) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, SB calls $1.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($3.90) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $3.90</font>, Hero calls $3.90

<font color="black">River:</font> ($11.70) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets all-in for $15.65</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $15.65 returned to SB

Pot Size: $11.70 ($1 Rake)
Old 05-17-2007, 01:31 AM

Default Re: NL10 - Overpair w/ Deeeeep Stacks

Him betting out and not checkraising you on the turn makes me think he turned a flush draw along w/ a pair...AJspades maybe? I don't like the turn call, but raising here leaves you w/ so little left unless you push...

Oh yeah, betting $2 PF is really poor there...what else would call you for that large a raise other than AA or KK? Your PF bet was fine.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:31 AM

Default Re: NL10 - Overpair w/ Deeeeep Stacks

I raise more on the flop to $2.

I hate the bet pot on the turn, it's really tough to interpret it. I'm really not sure what to do there. River is an easy fold though.