Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 05-06-2007, 01:09 AM

Default Did I play this very badly?

Well this guy had been raising almost every other hand so I decided to min raise him and see if he'd come back over or try to push me out when I had this hand. It isn't my normal style but didn't feel like it was that terrible as I figured i'd be heads up with him at worst even if he reraised. Normally I would have put about a 2.50 raise in but again.. trying to mix it up.

As far as his all in goes on the turn, I had such a wide range in my head of what his hands may have been that I can't say I put him on something specific.. but it could have been a donk drawing bluff or a set.. but the way I saw it i was drawing to 13 outs if he did have the set.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP2 ($68.30)
MP3 ($21.85)
CO ($53)
Button ($15.50)
SB ($29.65)
BB ($5.10)
<font color="#C00000">UTG ($25)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($39.10)</font>
MP1 ($14.75)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.85</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.45</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, UTG calls $0.60.

Flop: ($3.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $4.5</font>, Hero calls $3.

Turn: ($12.25) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $19.05 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $19.05.

River: ($50.35) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $50.35

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has 9s 9c (three of a kind, nines).
Hero has Qd Ad (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins $50.35. </font>

Any thoughts?
Old 05-06-2007, 01:10 AM

Default Re: Did I play this very badly?

IMO that's fine.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:27 AM

I'd reraise preflop more

bet the flop more, generally shove over a raise
Old 05-06-2007, 01:28 AM

I don't like PF with so many left to act but you said you wanted to mix it up so I guess its ok. I'd 3bet shove flop where you have a ton of equity.

Also, don'tpost the results, it can influence the way others think about the hand.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:36 AM

You guys are suggesting the shove over the raise because of tptk w/ the nut flush draw" If I didn't have the draw is this still a shove situation? What about if I didn't it tptk.. and it was AKs to the nut flush draw?
Old 05-06-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are suggesting the shove over the raise because of tptk w/ the nut flush draw" If I didn't have the draw is this still a shove situation? What about if I didn't it tptk.. and it was AKs to the nut flush draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

TPTK with nut flush draw is almost always 3 bet allin on flop if at all possible. You are a favorite over most every hand except a set here. You are most likely ahead right there, but you have the best draw to fall back on. It is pretty much the same as an open ended straight flush draw or a wrap straight draw with flush draw in Omaha.

With the AKs I would play it a little slower most the time unless the villian is short or I feel that I have some FE as well.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:32 AM

Oh my bad preflop is bad. Just bet more.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:37 AM

If you say you wanna mix up PF, it's fine. With the Flop like this, I would get my money in asap. 3-bet the Flop and call the shove if he did. As played, I prob fold the Turn, with 13 outs, do we have the odds to call?
Old 05-06-2007, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you say you wanna mix up PF, it's fine. With the Flop like this, I would get my money in asap. 3-bet the Flop and call the shove if he did. As played, I prob fold the Turn, with 13 outs, do we have the odds to call?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is close if you are just puttin him on a set and that is all of the range you are giving him.

This is NL25 and I think top 2 is ahead here enough of the time without the draw to fall back on. I call all day and twice on weekend nights.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is close if you are just puttin him on a set and that is all of the range you are giving him.

This is NL25 and I think top 2 is ahead here enough of the time without the draw to fall back on. I call all day and twice on weekend nights.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right on