Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2006, 12:28 PM

Default MPTK was this a good call down?

Two issues in this hand that may be major leaks in my game.

On the flop I put villain on a set, overpair, AK or maybe AQ. So I chicken out and decide to call down.

When the K hits on the river I thought: "Well now I only beat AQ". Yet I called and he indeed showed AQ. I felt REALLY proud for 2 seconds, and know I wonder whether my line sucks.

As I played the hand should i even call this river. And shouldnt I raise the turn?

(Is it not Oink who is the passive fish in this hand?)

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Oink is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Passive fish calls, <font color="#CC3333">Oink raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Unknown 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Passive fish calls, Oink calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Passive fish checks, Oink checks, <font color="#CC3333">Unknown bets</font>, Passive fish calls, <font color="#CC3333">Oink raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Unknown 3-bets</font>, Passive fish calls, Oink calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Passive fish checks, Oink checks, <font color="#CC3333">Unknown bets</font>, Passive fish calls, Oink calls.

River: (12.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Passive fish checks, Oink checks, <font color="#CC3333">Unknown bets</font>, Passive fish folds, Oink calls.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB
Old 08-11-2006, 12:34 PM

Default Re: MPTK was this a good call down?

don't give results, it will bias the advice you get

assuming someone has a set or overpair because they 3-bet the flop (after 3-betting OTB) is too restrictive. even if he does have an overpair (set is far less likely) you have several outs.

on turn, why do you think you should raise?

on river calling down is easy, especially since you don't have to overcall.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Is it really "easy"? Villain 3-bet preflop, 3-bet the flop and bet a river he could so easily check behind if he got here with a PP less than hero's tens. Villain can't show any more aggression in this hand than he did. I'm not sure I'd fold, but I'd have a hard time making this river call.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:46 PM

I'd play the same.

Why do you think you should raise the turn yet fold the river?
Old 08-11-2006, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Is it really "easy"? Villain 3-bet preflop, 3-bet the flop and bet a river he could so easily check behind if he got here with a PP less than hero's tens. Villain can't show any more aggression in this hand than he did. I'm not sure I'd fold, but I'd have a hard time making this river call.

[/ QUOTE ]

when you factor in the retard quotient (the proportion of unknowns who are retarded), calling is easy
Old 08-11-2006, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"easy" as in "wow that pot is big and I'm closing the action getting 13:1".
Old 08-11-2006, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you think you should raise the turn yet fold the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Econ Tim pointed out the same. That makes no sense. I guess the hand just confused me cuz i didnt know whether to love my play or hate it.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when you factor in the retard quotient (the proportion of unknowns who are retarded), calling is easy

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahahaha. Yes. And btw, I think I'm paying off AK, TT+ almost every time with this hand.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:20 PM

I like the flop C/R. You have to call this river - don't make 'good' folds in 14BB pots. Especially against unknowns.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:39 PM

I play it the same. On the river I wouldn't call cus AQ is the only thing he could have that we beat, still an easy call.