Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2006, 02:09 AM

Default is this sexy? defense agaisnt button

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (7 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks???

villain is 24/19/2.35 over a very good sample, but he steals a bit too much in my opinion. i wonder if this is a raise PF
Old 07-25-2006, 02:12 AM

Default Re: is this sexy? defense agaisnt button

Is the call preflop a good play? Shouldn't you 3-bet to take a lead, discourage future stealing, and throw the BB out?

Flop and turn look standard and I like the river sexy vs. the aggressive player.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:15 AM

Yeah I'll try this if villain is known to be aggro w/any diamond here. If he'll call w/any pair and no diamond, betting is better.

Tom
Old 07-25-2006, 02:18 AM

i edited the hand. perhaps you can remove your comment
Old 07-25-2006, 02:52 AM

I might check the turn here. I don't want to get charged double for my 2nd nut flush draw in case I'm behind. Chances are he'll bet my top pair for me anyway. Then depending on reads, he may be more likely to follow up on the river if my flush comes in and then I can check-raise him.

Edited to Add: I think I really like checking the turn now. I don't want to get raised by an 8, a made flush, two pair, overpair, etc. I check-call a non-diamond river and check raise a diamond.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:35 AM

I don't like it. He can't have nothing on the river, but he can have a lot of mediocre hands still. With the 4-flush, 4-straight, he may even check behind with AK.

Other than (high) diamonds, I don't see anything he'll both bet and call a raise with. He probably calls a lot more than he bets. ABC.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:38 AM

No. Bet.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:07 AM

If he'll bet the river with just a pair of aces then I guess you can check. I'd still prefer a bet though. THis guy is aggro enough to raise with the Q or J of diamonds and then you get to Bet/3 Bet. As the old saying goes...betting gets 1 or 3 bets and check-raising gets 0 or 2 bets
Old 07-25-2006, 06:23 AM

I don't defend with KTo when I'm in the SB in 3/6 or 5/10. If he really steals so much that you feel it matches up well against his range then 3-bet it pre and don't let the BB in.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:30 AM

If I'm in the hand, I'm 3betting pf and always always betting the river. There are a ton of hands he's going to check behind but call a bet with here. If he's so nutty he'll bet something like the 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] here, you're better off betting and hoping he raises you with the Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] than you are trying to sneak a c/r in.