Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 07-23-2006, 05:44 PM

Default middle pair against donk bet

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5 BB

Never played with villain before. Would like help on all street. What if he checks the turn?
Old 07-23-2006, 06:09 PM

Default Re: middle pair against donk bet

If he checks the turn value bet. Also you're playing 4 handed right now and that leads to all kinds of idiotic donks by bad players so how are you so sure he's got a Q? I think I'd raise the flop and bet the turn then check river behind assuming he just calls.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:12 PM

I think you should raise this flop since it is 3-handed on the flop. Call a 3-bet fold turn unimproved or if BB only calls bet-fold turn and probably check through river. If SB cold-calls a flop raise I'd give up unless I improve.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:46 AM

Yeah definitely raise flop. THis guy is donking all sorts of crap including A high and a pair of deuces. Far too weak this fold is...sorry I sound like yoda
Old 07-24-2006, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should raise this flop since it is 3-handed on the flop. Call a 3-bet fold turn unimproved or if BB only calls bet-fold turn and probably check through river. If SB cold-calls a flop raise I'd give up unless I improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect.

Krishan
Old 07-24-2006, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
or if BB only calls bet-fold turn and probably check through river.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to value bet the river in this case.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:02 PM

You have a great hand here to defend against the donker, so raise the flop, get the other player out and value bet this BB silly. If you aren't feeling up to it, you can raise flop, bet turn and check behind on the river. I have taken weak lines like yours in the past, going so far as to fold QQ on a Kxx flop, but I've since learned to play better and folding flop or turn is out of the question.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:10 PM

If you don't like your hand you can take a cheap showdown by raising the flop and then checking the turn behind, following by check/calling the river UI. But you just can't fold here SH. Think of how often you will have him drawing to three outs on the flop (8x) or four outs (JT, T9, J9).
Old 07-24-2006, 04:21 PM

I'd raise the flop.

1) If we are ahead, a raise is obviously correct. If we are behind, it might buy us a free card if we chose.

I'd like to get to get to showdown with this hand, I'd like to use my position.

If I get 3 bet, I call and hope I don't get donked into. if i do get donked into, I assume I am behind and look to count outs.

LLL
Old 07-24-2006, 04:31 PM

One of the more passive guys I have been playing a lot against recently at Party 5/10 would play a 2 this way. As others have said, folding to two donks with your hand is weak. A read would could make this a fold, but you don't have that.