Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-26-2007, 01:40 AM

Default Re: Ask me about financial success to spending 2 years state prison

Cat,

Not blackball, but no effort to let me know they were there for me. No vists or letters. Those I have not seen and we do not have a relationship anymore. We do ave common friends but not have seen each other. If I did it would be civil, but I am sure forced and phony.

Worth,

No laptops, dvd, cd, cassette walkmans are ok. I always thought how much easier it would have been if I was able to play poker 20 hours/day.

Only a few programs were offered at my jail (budget cuts).
Masonry was the only one in which someone could learn a trade. My program (the hours between meals) was stick and pick. Meaning I literally had a stick with a dull nail embedded at the end, and was supposed to go out and collect the litter from the yard. Usually only lsted 20 mins, then usually I either played cards, read or shot the chit with my fellow sticknpickers. Did work on my tan, laying with my shirt off on an outside table with a walkman on when the weather was nice. Had to shovel snow when there was a need.

Some max jails still have electronic, plumbing, auto etc..
Old 11-26-2007, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[x] thread delivers.

Also, what's a "bid"?

[/ QUOTE ]

"bid" is a prison sentence.
I also learned other terms. First time "baby's mama", and the word "dap" is the word given to fist-knocking, as in "give me some dap".

I now know that you are not supposed to say Hey man Im digging you, when a friend does something good, because that is a term used when talking about a female like,"Im diggin her" which means you want to "dig her back out" which means "have sex" with her.

Prison was the first time I ate egg salad, hard boiled eggs, or collard greens, and first time since I was 5, tuna fish,
Old 11-26-2007, 02:41 AM

wth? your schedule sounds vastly different from MyTurn2Raise. Sounds more like a elementary school retreat than someplace you serve hard time.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im not saying the OP def did anything illegal, but if as a rich jewish kid he was railroded to 2 years in jail (a better jail at that because of family connections) wtf chance does a broke black kid have?

[/ QUOTE ]

Different people have different prejudices, as this thread, as well as you, have just illustrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHat prejudice do I have? The OP said himself he went to the better jail because of connections.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im not saying the OP def did anything illegal, but if as a rich jewish kid he was railroded to 2 years in jail (a better jail at that because of family connections) wtf chance does a broke black kid have?

[/ QUOTE ]

Different people have different prejudices, as this thread, as well as you, have just illustrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHat prejudice do I have? The OP said himself he went to the better jail because of connections.

[/ QUOTE ]

your post reminded me of Fly's so I ran with it. Disregard my response to you.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:52 AM

xx
you said you were panacicking when you received your sentance about how jail was going to be and ending of going to a psycologist about it

Would you have been allowed to just start serving your sentance immediately and if so did you give it any thought?

Did any of your coworkers go to the jail you were talking about near cananda and if so how much worse were their experiences?

Do you talk to any of you cell mates?
Old 11-26-2007, 10:53 AM

XX,

- sorry if you said this already, but how long since you've been out...roughly?
- have you kept in touch w/ any of your former co-workers that have completed their "bids"?
- do you keep in touch w/ any of the guys on the inside via letters or what not?
- what was the etiquette on discussing why ppl were in there?
- did you catch any chit for being in there for a "white-collar" crime?

this is an incredible thread. thanks
Old 11-26-2007, 11:03 AM

Muse,

All medium security jails in ny follow the same schedule. I may have downplayed the tension and anxiety one feels, because I was lucky in that my time went smoothly. I was very aware that things could have changed on a dime. Regardless of what jail you are in, if a 1/3 of the inmates are doing life, and more than half have violent convictions, it is pretty hardcore. Maybe not OZ, but for somebody like me it was.

Mo,

I wanted to go in asap, but because of how slow the system moves I would have had to do the 2 months at rikers island, which would have sucked.

2 people I knew went up there. One had an uneventful bid, the other still came home on time, but did get into 2 fights. I heard another person in my case had 2 years added on, dont know why.

In hindsight I was very thankful to be sent where I was, but I was hoping to get a "boot camp" thing where I would be home in 6 months. Or at the very least a minimum security prison.

I'd go nuts if I didnt speak to my cell mates. Most were cool and intelligent (at least not dumb). I had 5 cell mates, 2 in for murder, 1 for manslaughter.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:35 AM

Chair,

chair,

I have been out for about 4 years. I do not keep in touch with any co-de's but there are some common friends, so we do gut updates from time to time. One guy, who was my "boy" in there, I speak to every few months. He was paroled 2 years ago, in for manslaughter.

The etiquette on discussing crimes was that it is somewhat open ground. Meaning that it is not uncommon to be asked "what are you in for". Most people do not get defensive or evasive when answering, otherwise they may be viewed as a sex offender hiding their charges. However, no matter what you say, word will get out as to what you did.

I was concerned as to how I would be viewed due to the nature of my crime. So when I first got in and people asked I just said " I was at the wrong place at the wrong time". As I started telling people the charge, I was then looked at some sort of novelty. Not too many white collar guys in state jail.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had 5 cell mates, 2 in for murder, 1 for manslaughter.

[/ QUOTE ]

What were there comments when they learned what you were in for?

Good thread, xx44, thanks for sharing.