Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 11-16-2007, 10:03 PM

Default Re: Realtime HUD now supporting Cake!...and Abs, UB, Party...ect.

good news for US players....Cake, AB, UB
I don't even know Cake allows players to change their handle....and doesnt allows tools likes HUD
Old 11-17-2007, 01:13 AM

Default Re: But what about the rules?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Realtime HUD now supporting Cake!

[/ QUOTE ]
Cake is opposed to the use of HUDs and other software tools that operate during play. It's one of the things they have done in an attempt to differentiate themselves from the older established networks.

You seem to be a pioneer in challenging their policy. What is your thinking?

I'm not here to say that what you are doing is right or wrong. But I do think we should be discussing this subject instead of ignoring the elephant in the room.

I also think it is wrong of you to be promoting Realtime HUD for use on the Cake network without warning people that it may violate the rules. HUDs are legal (or not illegal) so many places that it may not occur to some people that there could be an issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't aware it was an issue. I was asked by Cake players to make Realtime work with Cake and did so. They do make mention of tracking software here:-

http://cakepoker.com/Integrity/TrackingPrevention.aspx

But on the the other hand their TOS, which I assume is the legal document governing what you can and can't do, make no mention of it.

http://cakepoker.com/Legal/TOS.aspx
Old 11-17-2007, 04:08 AM

In specific, it seems to say that essentially it won't matter if you use tracking software because the users change often. From the tone of their material though, I think they have more disdain for players that have a massive number of stats on players with whom they have never played rather than players only utilizing their own database. Of course I don't really much like these players either since I don't agree with the idea of a huge shared database. Seriously, do your own legwork.

In any event, it doesn't say you can use 'em as much as it says our preventative measures will prevent you from getting much use out of your tools. While this might be the case, I highly doubt the majority change their handle even remotely close to as often as 7 days, and thus stats are likely still pretty helpful.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In order to allow players to study their hands, CakePoker stores a Hand History text file for every player that can be reviewed later. Tools have emerged over the years to allow players to better understand their own play by loading these text files for analysis. For some players, these tools are useful to try and learn how to better their play. CakePoker welcomes players to study their own hand histories to better their own play, so long as they do not use tools during game play.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think they have made their feelings clear. What they will actually do about HUD users is less clear.

My guess is they have failed to make a clear rule because there was nothing to rule against. Realtime HUD just changed that.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In order to allow players to study their hands, CakePoker stores a Hand History text file for every player that can be reviewed later. Tools have emerged over the years to allow players to better understand their own play by loading these text files for analysis. For some players, these tools are useful to try and learn how to better their play. CakePoker welcomes players to study their own hand histories to better their own play, so long as they do not use tools during game play.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think they have made their feelings clear. What they will actually do about HUD users is less clear.

My guess is they have failed to make a clear rule because there was nothing to rule against. Realtime HUD just changed that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are right, their feelings are clear. To be honest, if I had been aware of their policy I wouldn't have bothered to support the site. Thank you for bringing it to everyone's attention.

I doubt they are going to close accounts over this. They would have a hard time justifying it since their TOS makes no mention of tracking software - whereas they do explicity say bots are forbidden. But that's just my opinion. I am not a lawyer and I wouldn't care to sue them in the Antilles anyway.

I think it is more likely they will take technical measures to frustrate users. I'm not going to make any attempt to circumvent anything they do.

Anyone using Realtime on the site should definitely read both the links I provided above.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:51 PM

Cake still has the same annoying bugs it had months ago. There is no way the programmers are smart enough or remotely capable of implementing measures (other than frustrating HH format) to prevent HUDs.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:35 PM

BTW, even if they make you disable the HUD functionality, your HH viewer is worth $20 alone. Left click the table stats and browse through all the previous hands at that table, and instantly convert to 2p2 format. WAYYYY better than Cake's nonfunctional HH viewer.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:23 PM

If they wanted to, they could just not save out the HH when the table closed. I'd look at the bugs, but since they can just take their ball and go home with it, it doesn't seem a to be worth a lot of trouble.

I'm not sure what is going on with not showing the stats until you open the HH file. It certainly doesn't happen for me, but then I only play on fun $ tables - I don't have a Real $ account because it's a pain to deposit. If I get time I'll look at it next week.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:50 PM

cake users xfer money to mike immidiately so he can check out the real money tables

i would but i play on a crappy skin with no p2p xfers
Old 11-21-2007, 09:03 AM

It' strange: I opened a limit 0.04/0.08$ table on cake and it showed the stats just fine. But nothing on 0.25/0.50 and 2/4. NL tables seem to work.