Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2007, 04:12 AM

Default Re: Did I play this very badly?

[ QUOTE ]
Normally I would have put about a 2.50 raise in but again..

[/ QUOTE ]

Shove on the flop, the "normal" play of putting a tiny reraise is not a good way to play this.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:24 AM

wtf on pf and flop. on flop bet close to pot and shove over a raise.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:38 AM

Since we're around 50% equity against a pair on this flop I would have 3-bet the flop and called a push. As played, do you think your 2pair is good here? Looks to me like you're drawing to a flush if he's pushing his stack in there. Then again if he's a bit reckless he could be doing this w/ A9 or something...tough spot.

EDIT: Being in the position you're at(EP w/ 7 left to speak), it's not the time to be fancy with your bet sizing PF. You have a read on villian which is fine, but minraising is not the way to go about isolating him. Raise a decent sized amount so that anyone 3-betting you will let you know they have a big hand and you can throw your hand away. You're begging for people to call that minraise in late position.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:24 AM

You seem to have ID'd this villain as a douchebag. Once someone starts raising every other hand- you didn't mention how many hands this was over- they're either just really bad players who like to give money away, or they're on tilt and want to give money way. It's a good situation for you and I like the isolation move, not risking too much w/ AQs.
When you flop top pair, top kicker versus a villain of this sort- imo/ at .10-.25- you're trying to figure out how to get all their money in the pot. To top this off you have the nut flush draw. You want all of their chips in the pot. Considering the opponents aggression, it seems that your call of the raise on the flop was viewed by your opponent as a sign of weakness. He pushes on the turn- good. Your strategy worked, so I don't see how you could think it was bad.

Unless, you're afraid of trips, which it seems you are. I would have called the turn all-in w/out the flush draw, if I thought this guy was throwing chips around willy nilly. Yeah, he could have trips, but I'd think most likely he's being a douchebag.

Also, I'd have to have seen that his idiot aggression carried over post flop. This sort of behavior usually does.