Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Farha VS. Srugby

[ QUOTE ]
Most of u college squirts that do very well online would be fish in a live games.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] people like this
Old 07-05-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing you dont unnderstand is that there is much less variance in live play due to a much higher skill level involved. Most of u college squirts that do very well online would be fish in a live games.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is less variance live because

a. the average player is much weaker at the same stakes, a breakeven/small winner at 5/10 live would be a gigantic fish at 5/10 online

b. the game is much more passive
Old 07-05-2007, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Farha VS. Sbrugby

[ QUOTE ]
He's there for the $$$.... He said that the reason play play in ME was b/c for business. Is that mean he's there for $.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you seriously going to discredit the only person us skinny, acne faced, sexually inexperienced advanced calculus kids worship? Do you realize he's in this for honor and glory? How dare you suggest otherwise, stop the tom-foolery and let us continue drooling over his peen alright?
Old 07-05-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ummm, live games are generally considered to be much softer than online games. Maybe it's flipped in high stakes or maybe you're saying that physical reads are worth at least 1bb/100 but I just don't see it. Patience is more important in live games since things run so slowly but I don't know if I count that as skill as much as discipline.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant high stakes games that are short handed. And in NL the tells factor is worth much more then 1BB.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I meant high stakes games that are short handed. And in NL the tells factor is worth much more then 1BB.

[/ QUOTE ]You're seriously trying to argue that 50%+ of my winrate is because of physical tells -- not reading patterns, bet sizing, hand reading, hand selection, etc?
Old 07-05-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ummm, live games are generally considered to be much softer than online games. Maybe it's flipped in high stakes or maybe you're saying that physical reads are worth at least 1bb/100 but I just don't see it. Patience is more important in live games since things run so slowly but I don't know if I count that as skill as much as discipline.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well stated, but if you've never watched a 'Sammy' live game you wouldn't come close to getting the full picture. It becomes 'his' game and he dictates the action. He does not sit down in your game... you are playing in his. I have only seen him play since 1994, and back in the day I dealt to him about 40-50 times. It is completely different than any 1bb/100 type analysis that you can calculate. Have seen him dig the biggest holes and then climb out of them that you can imagine. He changes gears based on the game and his chip count and the game is forced to change with him. I am not the biggest Sammy fan out there, because he can be about as intolerable as is possible when stuck, but I grudgingly put him at the FT of any live PLO game ever spread in poker history.